Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Willow

Feedback So Far

RiRi

@Willow I'm glad you are happy being around here. Your boyfriend, Rhys, seems like a nice person.

I wasn't here 2013, so I don't know what was to become of this place. 

What I like is that not much changed. Actually, the names of the amount of likes changed to colors, looks more equal. I also like that I got to make my name orange now. I like the colors you chose for the layout. I like that there's a new administrator. And I'm looking forward to the things that will go down in the exclusives area. 

Willow

Thanks for the feedback @RiRi! I’m glad you’re happy with the changes :) 

Asgardian
34 minutes ago, Willow said:

And make a fortune in the process 🙄

Well I haven't heard of a new millionaire who helped start an autism forum so I guess it didn't work out so well for him ;)

StarlessEclipse

I think it's all great. The structure is much more simple and streamlined, the colour scheme is great, and the integrated subscription/funding system seems like a good way to keep it financially sustainable. The future of the forum looks brighter than it has in a long time.

RiRi
1 minute ago, StarlessEclipse said:

I think it's all great. The structure is much more simple and streamlined, the colour scheme is great, and the integrated subscription/funding system seems like a good way to keep it financially sustainable. The future of the forum looks brighter than it has in a long time.

What does streamlined mean? I googled but don't know how it's used in this context.

I also forgot to say @Willow that I like the box above that provides the piggybank filling in, the line, whether we've reached the goal. I don't know how you did that but I like that too. I'll probably post more things I like as they come up. 

Myrtonos
2 hours ago, Willow said:

I know that it seems unfair for there to suddenly be a subscriber option that costs money, but the forum is still free to use with almost all the capability that you’ve had for the last 6 years. I’m never going to make it a paid only site, and with the current subscribers we have so far, I’ll hopefully never have to close it down either.

I believe it only seems unfair because a lot of members don't have a lot of spare money, can't work and are on some sort of unemployment benefits (such as disability benefits), which is also a good reason against making it a paid only site (like the Something Awful forums are). Nevertheless, I did suggest a gift subscription option as it does cater for at least some members who are in the position mentioned, not a lot of spare money, etc.

I did suggest V.I.P membership two years before the overhaul, inspired by Aspies' Central but that idea was ignored for many months.

Heather

I enjoy the changes a lot.  I think the best part of these 2019 changes is having @Willow back on the forum more and feel with these changes, they have brought a fresh feel to the forum and made it more enjoyable to be a part of.  I don't have too much to say, I can't think of any criticisms.  I like the forum and am happy to see a lot of familiar faces and some new ones as well.

Edited by Heather

StarlessEclipse
4 hours ago, RiRi said:

What does streamlined mean? I googled but don't know how it's used in this context.

I meant it as in making the forum more efficient and user-friendly by condensing the arguably excessive forum categories into a smaller number of broader categories.

@Willow I do have one slightly unusual request, would it be possible to provide the option to disable the WYSIWYG text editor and edit posts as code, like on the original software? It's not that big of a deal, but I occasionally run into some formatting issues when I'm using my Android tablet. I don't know if it's possible with the current software, but if it is, that would be helpful.

Ben
5 hours ago, StarlessEclipse said:

@Willow I do have one slightly unusual request, would it be possible to provide the option to disable the WYSIWYG text editor and edit posts as code, like on the original software? It's not that big of a deal, but I occasionally run into some formatting issues when I'm using my Android tablet. I don't know if it's possible with the current software, but if it is, that would be helpful.

Edited by Ben
Whatcha' talkin' about Kuribo?