Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Willow

Feedback So Far

Nesf
52 minutes ago, Myrtonos said:

Well, that doesn't happen on Aspies' Central, which already almost had the same system (V.I.P membership) before the overhaul here. By the way, they have a gifting option and I still don't understand why it would "overcomplicate things" here.

No, it doesn't, but that forum is different and has different dynamics. It is a lot bigger and more active, the VIP lounge sees some activity but is relatively inactive compared to the main forum. People come and go, including the more active core members, and there are very few there who have been active for longer than 5 years.

This forum is different in that it appears (to me, as an outsider) to have a very small, tight-knot core of five or six members (I am not one, although I have been here almost from the beginning), all of a similar age (twenty-something) and whom seem to know each other well and have had some past history together, some of whom know each other IRL or used to be together on another forum before coming here, who seem to be close or have bonded. Most of those are now in the Asperlounge, and my concern was that those members might hang around there a lot and not participate so much on the main forum, so the main forum becomes inactive, while the Asperlounge sees a lot of activity from those core members.

A while ago, some members of this forum formed a Skype group, and some of those members migrated to the Skype chat and stopped posting so frequently on the forum. The Skype group was one of the reasons why the forum became less active. I was thinking that something similar might happen with the Asperlounge, and this is why I posted that observation.

Edited by Nesf

Myrtonos
6 hours ago, Nesf said:

No, it doesn't, but that forum is different and has different dynamics. It is a lot bigger and more active, the VIP lounge sees some activity but is relatively inactive compared to the main forum. People come and go, including the more active core members, and there are very few there who have been active for longer than 5 years.

I haven't thought much about it, but it is quite common for members only be active for a short time after joining.

6 hours ago, Nesf said:

This forum is different in that it appears (to me, as an outsider) to have a very small, tight-knot core of five or six members (I am not one, although I have been here almost from the beginning), all of a similar age (twenty-something) and whom seem to know each other well and have had some past history together, some of whom know each other IRL or used to be together on another forum before coming here, who seem to be close or have bonded. Most of those are now in the Asperlounge, and my concern was that those members might hang around there a lot and not participate so much on the main forum, so the main forum becomes inactive, while the Asperlounge sees a lot of activity from those core members.

One of them, @Sofi even knows Willow personally. @storm-petrel seems to stand out in a similar way to you, see this thread.

6 hours ago, Nesf said:

A while ago, some members of this forum formed a Skype group, and some of those members migrated to the Skype chat and stopped posting so frequently on the forum. The Skype group was one of the reasons why the forum became less active. I was thinking that something similar might happen with the Asperlounge, and this is why I posted that observation.

That was a bunch that hung out in their chatroom, they formed their own Skype group after first typing to exclude "non-members" from the chatroom.

Edited by Myrtonos
Couldn't tag before.

Nesf
18 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

@storm-petrel seems to stand out in a similar way to you, see this thread.

Could you explain what you mean please? How do I stand out, and how is Storm Petrol similar to me?

18 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

That was a bunch that hung out in their chatroom, they formed their own Skype group after first typing to exclude "non-members" from the chatroom.

There was a forum chat function, and there was a Skype group advertised on the forum. I was a member of that Skype group for a while, but I left. That group did allow oustside members - unless it stopped allowing them after I left. Are you talking about this one, or a different one that I'm not aware of?

Myrtonos
2 minutes ago, Nesf said:

Could you explain what you mean please? How do I stand out, and how is Storm Petrol similar to me?

It has to do with age. You said that this site "appears to have a very small, tight-knot core of five or six members, all of similar age". But you aren't one of them and nor is Storm-Petrel.

5 minutes ago, Nesf said:

There was a forum chat function, and there was a Skype group advertised on the forum. I was a member of that Skype group for a while, but I left. That group did allow oustside members - unless it stopped allowing them after I left. Are you talking about this one, or a different one that I'm not aware of?

I don't feel I should say too much about that group publically, I feel I have a good reason not to mention the name of that group.

Nesf
3 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

It has to do with age. You said that this site "appears to have a very small, tight-knot core of five or six members, all of similar age". But you aren't one of them and nor is Storm-Petrel.

Oh, I see. There used to be a more members here about my age, but now there are very few.

I don't feel I should say too much about that group publically, I feel I have a good reason not to mention the name of that group.

Ok.

StarlessEclipse
On 1/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, Nesf said:

This forum is different in that it appears (to me, as an outsider) to have a very small, tight-knot core of five or six members (I am not one, although I have been here almost from the beginning)...

I don't see it that way. I've always considered you one of the most important core members here. It wouldn't be the same without you.

I presume you're referring to a different group from the one Nesf and myself used to be a part of in 2014?

Myrtonos

@StarlessEclipse Yes, they first met in the Aspies' Central chatroom, then they were encouraged to chat elsewhere.

Myrtonos
On 1/18/2019 at 9:42 PM, Willow said:

We're not big enough to warrant a gifting option yet, and it's too soon after adding a paid option to confuse things with too many options to choose from. I already added the club member option when that became an issue, and no one bought it, so I already feel it was pointless adding it haha.

Is size really a limiting factor? You added the club member option in response to clubs that were closed becoming open after the overhaul, two of which were closed for good reasons. Then after @Sofi (who runs the Girls' club) subscribed, her club was set to private, before the overhaul, it wasn't private, just closed. Even "Asperclickers" do get to run as many as 5 clubs each, and I have realised they too can run private clubs.

Currently, there are two subscription options, gift subscription would only add two more.

Willow
5 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

Is size really a limiting factor? You added the club member option in response to clubs that were closed becoming open after the overhaul, two of which were closed for good reasons. Then after @Sofi (who runs the Girls' club) subscribed, her club was set to private, before the overhaul, it wasn't private, just closed. Even "Asperclickers" do get to run as many as 5 clubs each, and I have realised they too can run private clubs.

Currently, there are two subscription options, gift subscription would only add two more.

I’ve looked into it to see if it’s even possible and it’s not, not on the current set up. There may be an extension in the IPB store but it will cost money so I’m not going to consider it, sorry. I’m also considering removing the club member option.

Myrtonos

Do you think the club member option may be redundant?