Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Willow

Feedback So Far

Willow

Hi everyone!

I hope you’re all enjoying the new changes and features, I’m certainly a lot happier with how things are here and feel excited about the forum again, and enjoy being here and posting! 

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support, some of you have been here from the start and are still posting, which is amazing! Regular posters are a huge part of a successful community, so thank you for being here. :) 

I hope Asperclick has been a positive part of your life, and can continue to be such as we move into the future. :) 

I understand that some of the limitations have been an issue for some members, which I do apologize for, but I couldn’t keep facilitating unlimited amounts of data - be it with picture uploads, unused accounts or PM inboxes, because after 6 years it was really stacking up and I’d already had to upgrade my hosting plan once to accommodate everything. So to save on costs, I limited things and it made sense for the subscribers to be entitled to unlimited storage since that money can help fund the forum, and if enough people subscribe we could afford the upgraded hosting fees. :)

I know that it seems unfair for there to suddenly be a subscriber option that costs money, but the forum is still free to use with almost all the capability that you’ve had for the last 6 years. I’m never going to make it a paid only site, and with the current subscribers we have so far, I’ll hopefully never have to close it down either.

With all of that said, I am posting to ask for your feedback now that the bulk of the changes have been live for almost a week.

What do you like?

What don’t you like?

Do you feel something is unfair?

(If so, what would help justify it to you?)

I don’t want anyone feeling annoyed with me so if I can explain something to you to help you understand, please let me know, in a polite way! 

Asgardian

All good so far, I haven't really done much recently other than post a few times but the forum feels more streamlined now.

Willow
2 minutes ago, Asgardian said:

All good so far, I haven't really done much recently other than post a few times but the forum feels more streamlined now.

Aww I’m glad you think so 😊

Ben

Yeah, that 'streamlined' element is what I like most. I hate to bring up the past, but if that original Aperclick V2 idea that was pitched all of those years ago actually came to fruition I'd of pulled my hair out. The idea of a social media app could work, but the idea we were presented with in 2013 just seemed crazy. 

No disrespect, but I wasn't on board with that at all. Too many widgets and gadgets. This 2019 version is all we need.

Willow
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Yeah, that 'streamlined' element is what I like most. I hate to bring up the past, but if that original Aperclick V2 idea that was pitched all of those years ago actually came to fruition I'd of pulled my hair out. The idea of a social media app could work, but the idea we were presented with in 2013 just seemed crazy. 

No disrespect, but I wasn't on board with that at all. Too many widgets and gadgets. This 2019 version is all we need.

I don’t think that was my doing or my vision for the forum tbh. My ex wanted to take control and turn it into a project to use as a portfolio piece for his web design/software design. And make a fortune in the process 🙄

Ben
9 minutes ago, Willow said:

I don’t think that was my doing or my vision for the forum tbh. My ex wanted to take control and turn it into a project to use as a portfolio piece for his web design/software design. And make a fortune in the process 🙄

I did wonder... 

It seemed liked a lot of work. I think I even called him out on that by asking "what are you going to get out of it.?"

Really, it would have been WAY overkill, even by today's standards. IG, Twitter, Spotify, for instance, all exist on streamline simplicity. 

Edited by Ben
Dirty disgusting grammar

Willow
1 minute ago, Ben said:

I did wonder... 

It seemed liked a lot of work. I think I even called him out on that by asking what he was going to get out of it. 

Really, it would have been WAY overkill, even by today's standards. IG, Twitter, Spotify for instance exist on streamline simplicity. 

It would have been a way to make sure I didn’t know how to run and manage or update or anything it anymore, so that I couldn’t cope without him. He did that with everything.

Asgardian
2 minutes ago, Willow said:

Aww I’m glad you think so 😊

Yep, sure do. I only recently started coming on here more often again, so my initial reaction was cautious I will admit :lol: 

Ben
Just now, Willow said:

It would have been a way to make sure I didn’t know how to run and manage or update or anything it anymore, so that I couldn’t cope without him. He did that with everything.

Oh well, it's all water under the bridge now. 🍻

Asgardian
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Oh well, it's all water under the bridge now. 🍻

Yeah the past is the past and all that. New year, new start. Bloody hell I sound like a life coach plugging a book :lol: