Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Willow

[Sensitive] Speaking My Truth

Willow
1 minute ago, Dragon Spirit said:

I had no idea this was going on, I honestly stopped posting because I started my GCSES and moved on from wavelength, ever since then I’ve been studying full time. I don’t blame you for a minute and hope you are doing ok

I'm doing really well now, thank you. I hope your studies are going well!

Asgardian

I want to be honest in my response to this post. I admire you posting it but first I need to refer myself to previous events. In all honesty, in the past I had lost respect for you. Many times I was involved in disputes, confrontations, call them what you like, and I felt increasingly like you were either ignoring my point of view or deciding without thought to go against it. I joined this forum because it seemed like you were someone trying to make a difference for us on the spectrum and you had created a positive online space for that to happen. Then it felt like that fell apart. You no longer seemed to care. I acknowledged at the time that I was often in the wrong in disputes, or certainly that I should not have become involved in them. But you just didn't seem to care much anymore, at least not in my eyes anyway. 

When the split happened from C I naively just blamed you. The general message seemed to be that you had cheated and so you were in the wrong. Even once you came back it felt like you had changed. Not for the better, either. And yet recently you seemed more like your old self, better even. That is why I came back, because I felt if you were in a better place then the forum could also be so.

So now that I have laid that on the line, now I am going to apologise to you. Not once did I ever stop to think that the reason you had changed was as horrible as this. I feel a tremendous sense of guilt about how I spoke to you in the past during those times. What felt important issues to me were in fact petty quarrels and to you they must have felt like more stress you did not need. I can never go back and act differently towards you but what I can do is say I am truly happy that you are in such a good place now. I hope that we can all move forward now and get this forum to where it truly belongs. 

I wish you and @Rhys the very best and hope you continue to provide such a wonderful community for us as you have all these years.

Willow
14 minutes ago, Asgardian said:

I want to be honest in my response to this post. I admire you posting it but first I need to refer myself to previous events. In all honesty, in the past I had lost respect for you. Many times I was involved in disputes, confrontations, call them what you like, and I felt increasingly like you were either ignoring my point of view or deciding without thought to go against it. I joined this forum because it seemed like you were someone trying to make a difference for us on the spectrum and you had created a positive online space for that to happen. Then it felt like that fell apart. You no longer seemed to care. I acknowledged at the time that I was often in the wrong in disputes, or certainly that I should not have become involved in them. But you just didn't seem to care much anymore, at least not in my eyes anyway. 

When the split happened from C I naively just blamed you. The general message seemed to be that you had cheated and so you were in the wrong. Even once you came back it felt like you had changed. Not for the better, either. And yet recently you seemed more like your old self, better even. That is why I came back, because I felt if you were in a better place then the forum could also be so.

So now that I have laid that on the line, now I am going to apologise to you. Not once did I ever stop to think that the reason you had changed was as horrible as this. I feel a tremendous sense of guilt about how I spoke to you in the past during those times. What felt important issues to me were in fact petty quarrels and to you they must have felt like more stress you did not need. I can never go back and act differently towards you but what I can do is say I am truly happy that you are in such a good place now. I hope that we can all move forward now and get this forum to where it truly belongs. 

I wish you and @Rhys the very best and hope you continue to provide such a wonderful community for us as you have all these years.

Thank you, it means a lot to me for you to say that ❤️ 

Don't feel bad about the past, you had no way of knowing what was going on behind the scenes.

Primeape

Wow you been through a lot sorry to hear

I wish all the best in the future for you, you deserve happiness good luck for it 

Sorry not sure what else to put  

RiRi

I don't know what to comment on here regarding the post but I agree with @Primeape. @Willow You were born to do great things in life. Thank you for being nice to me and for putting up with me through the years. There was a year were you were approving my posts. I think it was during your depression but that helped me a lot. I admire the way you've handled yourself as an aspie. I can't say I was ever really affected by your actions during the time the situation was going on. I felt as though you didn't like me, which I don't know if that's changed but I can tell you are a caring person. To put up with me through that year shows that. I don't know what else to say. I hope you are still taking care of yourself now. 

StarlessEclipse

I’d also like to echo what Sofi said and thank you for not taking the easy way out and shutting this place down during the dark times. Given the trauma association it must have had, I can’t say for sure that I would have done the same in your position.

Most other forums are dead or dying, mainstream social media is a toxic cesspit of abuse and misinformation, and the Internet has become an increasingly negative aspect of life with fewer and fewer redeeming qualities. It’s almost crazy that Asperclick still exists, is still a mainly positive place, and still feels like it could have a future. Even when it was pretty much deserted, it was still comforting to know that one of the long-time regulars would eventually check in and respond.

It’s meant a lot to so many people over the years. Long may it continue.

Willow
4 hours ago, RiRi said:

I don't know what to comment on here regarding the post but I agree with @Primeape. @Willow You were born to do great things in life. Thank you for being nice to me and for putting up with me through the years. There was a year were you were approving my posts. I think it was during your depression but that helped me a lot. I admire the way you've handled yourself as an aspie. I can't say I was ever really affected by your actions during the time the situation was going on. I felt as though you didn't like me, which I don't know if that's changed but I can tell you are a caring person. To put up with me through that year shows that. I don't know what else to say. I hope you are still taking care of yourself now. 

I don't dislike anyone on the forum haha, don't worry :)  I am still taking care of myself, thank you for making sure ❤️ 

2 hours ago, StarlessEclipse said:

I’d also like to echo what Sofi said and thank you for not taking the easy way out and shutting this place down during the dark times. Given the trauma association it must have had, I can’t say for sure that I would have done the same in your position.

Most other forums are dead or dying, mainstream social media is a toxic cesspit of abuse and misinformation, and the Internet has become an increasingly negative aspect of life with fewer and fewer redeeming qualities. It’s almost crazy that Asperclick still exists, is still a mainly positive place, and still feels like it could have a future. Even when it was pretty much deserted, it was still comforting to know that one of the long-time regulars would eventually check in and respond.

Thank you. It did take me a while to be able to face the forum, and a couple of times I did try to come back I wasn't really welcomed very well so that didn't help 😂 But this time is different, and I feel so much more a part of things again, the way it used to be - and always should have been. I do hope it can continue, I never wanted to lose the forum.

Asgardian

@Willow I cannot speak for before I joined, but in just over four years of being here the forum feels better than ever in all ways to be honest.

3 hours ago, StarlessEclipse said:

I second this.

Nesf

Well, it sounds like you've been through some rough times, but you've got your life back on track and you are ready to move on. I wish you all the best for the future!