Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Willow

General Chatter

Willow

FEBECA85-87E1-4B91-AD3A-378FF00A0C3C.png

Im thinking of reorganizing / renaming these sections of the forum, as it’s all a bit too vague for my liking. I want a more general but still serious area for threads that are about personal progress etc, but that aren’t directly related to asperger’s so don’t fit in the asperger’s sections. Any suggestions are welcome and I will look at changing it later tonight. 

Something like...

General Discussion (staying the same)

Serious Discussion (to include debates and ranting - as well as serious personal, non asperger threads) 

Forum Conversations (chit chat and ongoing game threads)

And I will reorganize existing threads manually to fit.

collectingrocks

Could the "chit-chat" and games be amalgamated into the "Asperclicker's lounge" (so, for members only) ?

"Debates" to be amalgamated into "Serious Discussion" ?

Edited by collectingrocks

Willow
1 hour ago, collectingrocks said:

Could the "chit-chat" and games be amalgamated into the "Asperclicker's lounge" (so, for members only) ?

Yeah the debates will likely end up in serious discussion as I think that makes the most sense. I wouldn't want to move anything to the lounge though as then members who aren't subscribed wouldn't be able to access threads they already post in regularly.

Ben

I think a sub-forum specifically related to goal-based threads would be very interesting - that's my first thought. If someone is trying to ascend to a certain place in life, then a day to day log could help them whilst motivating others. For instance "Ben and His Quest to Become an Astronaut " would  be a thread  that would quite literally pave every brick on my road to becoming an astronaut. What my habits are, what my routine looks like, what individual steps I'm taking, etc.

General Discussion and Chit Chat are pretty much the same thing. Just pin a Chit Chat thread to the top of General Discussion. Games, ranting and debates - again, all of those could be done away with. Members can just post individual rant threads, or "Troll Play" threads  *rolls eyes*.

"Debates" maybe could be called something like "The Round Table" or "The Political Forum" - I think a category like that ALWAYS needs to be contained within its own forum, with one or two level headed mods specifically for that sub-category (you'd need them if things kicked off) to monitor the discussions. 

Other than that, I have no suggestions except aim to be as streamline and as minimalist as possible. Bread and butter always wins. 

Willow

Thanks for the input @Ben - certainly some things to think about implementing :) 

Harrow

I like it how it is. But I will take a serious look when I have more time for ideas.😄

RiRi

General Discussions (debates, post count doesn't count here) to prevent people who like to fight from abusing.

Serious discussions (non asperger related life threads, motivational threads)

Forum discussions (chit chat, games, ranting)

Edited by RiRi

Asgardian

@Willow I have no concrete ideas but I agree with what @Ben said - as simple and straight forward as possible would be the best direction :) 

Willow

6 hours ago, collectingrocks said:

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I think a sub-forum specifically related to goal-based threads would be very interesting - that's my first thought. If someone is trying to ascend to a certain place in life, then a day to day log could help them whilst motivating others. For instance "Ben and His Quest to Become an Astronaut " would  be a thread  that would quite literally pave every brick on my road to becoming an astronaut. What my habits are, what my routine looks like, what individual steps I'm taking, etc.

General Discussion and Chit Chat are pretty much the same thing. Just pin a Chit Chat thread to the top of General Discussion. Games, ranting and debates - again, all of those could be done away with. Members can just post individual rant threads, or "Troll Play" threads  *rolls eyes*.

"Debates" maybe could be called something like "The Round Table" or "The Political Forum" - I think a category like that ALWAYS needs to be contained within its own forum, with one or two level headed mods specifically for that sub-category (you'd need them if things kicked off) to monitor the discussions. 

Other than that, I have no suggestions except aim to be as streamline and as minimalist as possible. Bread and butter always wins. 

2 hours ago, Harrow said:

I like it how it is. But I will take a serious look when I have more time for ideas.😄

26 minutes ago, RiRi said:

General Discussions (debates, post count doesn't count here) to prevent people who like to fight from abusing.

Serious discussions (non asperger related life threads, motivational threads)

Forum discussions (chit chat, games, ranting)

16 minutes ago, Asgardian said:

@Willow I have no concrete ideas but I agree with what @Ben said - as simple and straight forward as possible would be the best direction :) 

I've tried to take all your comments so far into consideration, and so far I have:

General Discussion
(pop culture, current affairs, chit chat & games)

Motivational Meadow
(personal goals & progress blogs)

Moot Points
(debates on politics, religion etc.)

And the relevant posts from all the existing forums would be moved accordingly.