Choco Otter

Chatbots/apps for autistic adults?

Choco Otter

I was just wondering, there are chatbots or apps for autistic adults?

I was thinking about this the other day, as most of my issues revolve around not being able to maintain a conversation or even identify what I'm feeling. A chatbot that can simulate a conversation with a stranger, and offer tips or conversation starters would really be helpful. But when I looked on the play store, the vast majority of apps are aimed at autistic children to assist learning. 

Does anyone use any apps which they find useful?

Willow
36 minutes ago, Choco Otter said:

I was just wondering, there are chatbots or apps for autistic adults?

I was thinking about this the other day, as most of my issues revolve around not being able to maintain a conversation or even identify what I'm feeling. A chatbot that can simulate a conversation with a stranger, and offer tips or conversation starters would really be helpful. But when I looked on the play store, the vast majority of apps are aimed at autistic children to assist learning. 

Does anyone use any apps which they find useful?

I wasn't aware this was a thing at all, to be honest (specifically for people with Autism, anyway), but it sounds like a really good idea - I can see why they aim them at children, and it's great that this is available for kids on the spectrum, but it would be nice to think they could accommodate adults as well. I had an app once called 'Replika' and you can name your 'bot' something and talk to it. It can help with anxiety and things. https://replika.ai/

But other than that one which I've personally tried, here is a list of AI apps that will talk back to you with their main goal usually being to maintain the conversation with you - so even though they're not specifically for Autism/Asperger's, they could still work: https://chatbotslife.com/top-chatbot-apps-winning-strategies-and-lessons-to-learn-cb48942c0068