Sign in to follow this  
RiRi

CBT for all

RiRi

To briefly explain it, CBT can be changing your thoughts to something more positive so that you can feel better about a situation. If someone wants to more elaborately explain it, feel free. In this thread, post negative thoughts you've had and the positive thought you replaced it with.

RiRi

(negative thought) @Willow Didn't say hi back to me on today's live stream 😥 😭. She doesn't like me. She hates me.

(positive thought) Maybe she was overwhelmed because there were more people on the chat today and also she was alone today, Rhys was not there for moral support.

Willow

@RiRi - sorry about that - I think there were a couple of people I didn't say hello to specifically, but I did say hello to everyone in general, and thanks for joining etc. :) 

I'm not always looking at the part where people show as online, so I may have missed you appearing.

I don't get overwhelmed with livestreams - my YouTube ones usually have a lot more people. Rhys isn't really moral support - I think I worry more when he's there, cause he's not used to doing videos 🤣

Ben

My thoughts drift passively  like dandelion seeds in the breeze. Positive or negative, it doesn't matter, because I don't judge them on either end of the spectrum. I just blow in their direction and watch them all float away until all I'm left with nothing. 

When I have nothing, I start again, only this time, I lay common sense down as my foundation. Crazy positive isn't any better than overly negative. Neutral is what you want to nail on for everyday life.

RiRi

@Ben You once said CBT was your biggest savior from depression. How did you get from CBT to neutral? I'm not very good with "common sense". It's an autistic trait I have which not all high functioning autistic people have. I think the ones that are more out and about don't have it. My personality just never allowed me to be outgoing and stuff. It's just not who I am unfortunately so I guess I'll be stuff with CBT techniques. 

Ben
35 minutes ago, RiRi said:

@Ben You once said CBT was your biggest savior from depression. How did you get from CBT to neutral? I'm not very good with "common sense". It's an autistic trait I have which not all high functioning autistic people have. I think the ones that are more out and about don't have it. My personality just never allowed me to be outgoing and stuff. It's just not who I am unfortunately so I guess I'll be stuff with CBT techniques. 

Constant, daily practise. That's the short answer anyway... 

Really, as a human you have the power to teach yourself anything. Autistic or not. 

RiRi
40 minutes ago, Ben said:

Really, as a human you have the power to teach yourself anything. Autistic or not. 

Yeah, my issue is moreso personality than being autistic. I've been stuck in this state for quite a while. You were able to bounce back from depression quite quickly. Maybe your personality is more tuned to this world than mine. Plus, I've noticed you come across as if not much affects you, if anything at all. I think that can come in handy.