Willow

LiveStream - Ask Me Anything

Willow

I'm doing a scheduled livestream on YouTube - add it to your diaries and don't forget to tune in to ask me questions and chat with me! Wednesday 6th February at 7PM (GMT)

You can also post questions here ahead of time for me to answer.

The video will be online afterwards in case you miss it. I will answer prepared questions first so that you can easily find them if you watch after :) 

Rhys

Unfortunately i can't make this one either :P, work :(

Rhys

Willow
Just now, Rhys said:

Unfortunately i can't make this one either :P, work :(

Rhys

That's okay - this one isn't for you :P You're getting railroaded into the next Asperclickers one in a couple weeks 😉

Nesf

What exactly is "livestream"?  Does one have to have a YouTube account? Is is open for everyone, or just Asperclickers?

Willow
15 minutes ago, Nesf said:

What exactly is "livestream"?  Does one have to have a YouTube account? Is is open for everyone, or just Asperclickers?

It's a live video on YouTube, so people can comment and I'll see the comments in real time and be able to answer them. You don't need an account to view the livestream but you will need a google account to be able to comment on the video. This livestream is open publicly, so it's for everyone :) 

Nesf
1 hour ago, Willow said:

It's a live video on YouTube, so people can comment and I'll see the comments in real time and be able to answer them. You don't need an account to view the livestream but you will need a google account to be able to comment on the video. This livestream is open publicly, so it's for everyone :) 

I see, thank you for explaining. What is the purpose of the live video, it is to discuss a specific topic, or is it for people who want to learn more about Asperger's?

Edited by Nesf

Willow
25 minutes ago, Nesf said:

I see, thank you for explaining. What is the purpose of the live video, it is to discuss a specific topic, or is it for people who want to learn more about Asperger's?

It's for whatever people want to ask me - followers on my Facebook page and subscribers of my YouTube channel like for me to do a live video every now and then as they get to chat with me. :) 

Nesf
13 hours ago, Willow said:

It's for whatever people want to ask me - followers on my Facebook page and subscribers of my YouTube channel like for me to do a live video every now and then as they get to chat with me. :) 

What kind of thing would they ask you? Is it related to the contents of the videos, or is it like a chat?

Willow
29 minutes ago, Nesf said:

What kind of thing would they ask you? Is it related to the contents of the videos, or is it like a chat?

People watching tend to control what is talked about - it normally starts out sort of like a video blog, and I'll just explain what I've been doing recently, and then people start commenting and I respond to what they're saying. Some questions from previous livestreams:

• How do you stop a teen becoming obsessed with something and stop going on and on?
  • What is your escape from things? For a single moment what makes you forget any bad things? 
  • I can see some manga/anime stuff on your shelf? Is this a main interest?
  • Do you have any favourite films?
  • Do you play a musical instrument?
  • Do you still do the artwork, and does this take your mind off your problems ?
  • Which benefit do you get ?
  • Will there be an audio version of it maybe? (referring to my 2nd book)
  • Once you get a diagnosis for Asperger's what PIP are you entitled to?
  • I just wanted to ask if you clap randomly when you laugh?

So it's really a mixture of people just being curious about me, and people wanting to know specifics about Asperger's or other conditions that I have.

Nesf
1 hour ago, Willow said:

People watching tend to control what is talked about - it normally starts out sort of like a video blog, and I'll just explain what I've been doing recently, and then people start commenting and I respond to what they're saying. Some questions from previous livestreams:

• How do you stop a teen becoming obsessed with something and stop going on and on?
  • What is your escape from things? For a single moment what makes you forget any bad things? 
  • I can see some manga/anime stuff on your shelf? Is this a main interest?
  • Do you have any favourite films?
  • Do you play a musical instrument?
  • Do you still do the artwork, and does this take your mind off your problems ?
  • Which benefit do you get ?
  • Will there be an audio version of it maybe? (referring to my 2nd book)
  • Once you get a diagnosis for Asperger's what PIP are you entitled to?
  • I just wanted to ask if you clap randomly when you laugh?

So it's really a mixture of people just being curious about me, and people wanting to know specifics about Asperger's or other conditions that I have.

I get it now, thank you. The explanation is useful for people like myself who have joined the forum, but don't follow on Facebook or subscribe on Youtube to know what this is about. It's probably not my kind of thing, nothing personal but I'm just not that curious to know about people in general to ask questions about their life or preferences, and I prefer to communcate by writing and reading than by video, so I'll just stick to the forum.