Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Willow

LiveStream - Ask Me Anything

Harrow
43 minutes ago, RiRi said:

@Willow I hope you're okay and got some macdonald's or treated yourself. Sorry about how the livestream went down. Thank you for answering my questions and it was cool to be there even for a few minutes.

@Harrow What were you talking about in your comment?

About perception, I did not realize there was a limit to how many characters you can write. I always write in notepad first and then copy past to where ever I am typing and it cut off half my comment without me noticing so I was really stupid, I do apologize. 

Edited by Harrow

RiRi
3 minutes ago, Harrow said:

About perception, I did not realize there was a limit to how many characters you can write. I always write in notepad first and then copy past to where ever I am typing and it cut off half my comment without me noticing so I was really stupid, I do apologize. 

I didn't realize the comment had been cut down. I wasn't there for the entire livestream and was curious what you were talking about. Did Willow talk about something about perception?

RiRi

I could never do a livestream the way Willow has. Firstly, English isn't my native language and that sets me back. Also, Willow knows how to speak in front of a camera. I did see the parts where she answered my questions and also when she came back from the Internet connection going down. It was good. I did notice her frustration though, which is reasonable. I don't know how I would have acted. But, that is when I realized that she is autistic. I mean, I've read her book and whatnot so I know she's autistic. But, I think an NT would have handled the situation differently. I guess I just wonder how they would have handled it. I wasn't there for the entire time though and even so, I did see a lot of not giving up and trying again and again. I think maybe an NT would have just shut it down after the first three times or maybe less. I wouldn't know. I have to say that because I wasn't there for majority of the chat, I only witnessed when the Internet connection was going down, that's why I said I'm sorry how the chat went down. It was unsettling for me that I couldn't see her more than seconds at a time. But I imagine it was worse for her.

RiRi

And to explain how I saw Willow answering my questions, since I was close to half an hour being late, I believe, I went back to the beginning to see if Willow had answered my questions. So I did not see the whole livestream. I went back to see those parts and perhaps even during the time the connection was going down and her trying to come back to it. 

Willow
30 minutes ago, Harrow said:

I watched you LiveStream for the first time ever and while you had a lot of problems, not your fault, of course, you did an amazing job of keeping calm and kept on trying and I think that in itself is really helpful for us. Because often we panic, I know I do and then I freeze and I can't go on. And sometimes life does mess you up and you still have to go on. So between that and the questions you were able to answer, I think you did an amazing job. 

Thank you for watching - and thanks for saying that haha, it was tough but I got there in the end! I was so close to giving up when I initially couldn't even get it to stream.

1 hour ago, RiRi said:

@Willow I hope you're okay and got some macdonald's or treated yourself. Sorry about how the livestream went down. Thank you for answering my questions and it was cool to be there even for a few minutes.

@Harrow What were you talking about in your comment?

Thanks RiRi, I haven't eaten yet haha. I won't be getting McDoanlds though, as I can't drive :( 

RiRi

I'd like to explain why "I realized" she is autistic. Maybe not realized, but confirmed or reassured. Because of the frustration and being close to a meltdown. Like, she had something prepared and then it didn't go as planned (she said she had been 45 minutes trying to start the livestream) and then the internet connection kept going down, and the phone making a phone call (making a noise), the overwhelm. I almost felt her frustration. I'm not sure if an NT would have acted that way. I'm not saying anything of this is bad. These are just my observations. And I'm not complaining about the way she acted, just observations. 

RiRi
3 minutes ago, Willow said:

Thanks RiRi, I haven't eaten yet haha. I won't be getting McDoanlds though, as I can't drive :( 

That sucks. Why can't you drive? :( Is it the after effect of the livestream not going as planned? Can you get uber eats? 

RiRi

@Willow Do you think over your live streams. Like when people ask you questions and you give an answer. Do you think about it afterwards and think of things you could have said instead? Especially for unprepared questions. I imagine it's stressful if such is so, given the amount of videos you do. 

Willow

33 minutes ago, RiRi said:

That sucks. Why can't you drive? :( Is it the after effect of the livestream not going as planned? Can you get uber eats? 

The vertigo I got diagnosed with today has stopped me from driving temporarily, recently.

24 minutes ago, RiRi said:

@Willow Do you think over your live streams. Like when people ask you questions and you give an answer. Do you think about it afterwards and think of things you could have said instead? Especially for unprepared questions. I imagine it's stressful if such is so, given the amount of videos you do. 

Not really, I think I've gotten quite good at answering things to the best of my ability even in live streams, so I don't even worry I could have answered it better :)