Willow

LiveStream - Ask Me Anything

RiRi

@Willow Just curious, why are you doing the livestream on youtube as opposed to doing it in TinyChat? Is it because of the different benefits the Asperclicker has or because you want to record the session or both? 

Willow
4 minutes ago, RiRi said:

@Willow Just curious, why are you doing the livestream on youtube as opposed to doing it in TinyChat? Is it because of the different benefits the Asperclicker has or because you want to record the session or both? 

TinyChat only works well for the Asperclicker live chats because it enables it to be private, but also everyone could, if they wished, stream video and/or audio, so we could effectively have a conversation.

I've been doing livestreams on Facebook or YouTube for a few years. Doing them on YouTube means I get to reach out to all of my channel subscribers, and the video stays public afterwards.

They are two different kinds of livestream for two different purposes.

RiRi

@Willow I get that there are different purposes but they essentially end up looking similar: you answering questions (I've been on both type of livestreams and they seem similar in nature, if not the same thing.

Even though TinyChat livestreams is private will the videos be posted on the forum for Asperclickers who missed the livestream? 

Willow
5 minutes ago, RiRi said:

@Willow I get that there are different purposes but they essentially end up looking similar: you answering questions (I've been on both type of livestreams and they seem similar in nature, if not the same thing.

Even though TinyChat livestreams is private will the videos be posted on the forum for Asperclickers who missed the livestream? 

They do look similar, yes, but I prefer to broadcast directly to my YouTube subscribers rather than trying to get them to view it elsewhere and then upload it at a later date. Different platforms for different audiences. My TinyChat room is a benefit of subscribing to the forum and is completely unrelated to my YouTube channel.

The first TinyChat one was recorded, and subsequently deleted as I've decided against recording future ones, so as not to discourage people from participating with video and/or audio.

RiRi

A question for your livestream @Willow I have also noticed that you have a tendency of locking up threads. This, in turn, does not allow further replies to locked thread. [Edit: One of the threads you locked was because it was going off topic, so that could be ruled that you don't like it when people don't follow the rules/don't stay on topic. However, there are a few that you've closed where the threads weren't going off topic.]

Do you consider yourself a controlling person? I know that you've mentioned in the past that your psychiatrist/psychologist said that you were domineering in the relationships (non-romantic) that you had. I guess this may not be an exclusive autistic trait but may well be.

Edited by RiRi

RiRi

Some other questions:

Do you have any symptoms that you no longer fit or fulfill in the criteria for a formal diagnosis? If so, what are they and how do you think you over came these symptoms? Do you feel like those symptoms are no longer there as in, they disappeared? Or do they come back from time to time? Or did you find a way to cope with them? If so, how? 

Willow
42 minutes ago, RiRi said:

I know that you've mentioned in the past that your psychiatrist/psychologist said that you were domineering in the relationships (non-romantic) that you had.

This was a comment from one psychiatrist who didn't grasp what I had told him at all, and ended up largely misdiagnosing me and soon after left the practice, and his replacement is who my first diagnosis was from. 

But thank you for the questions, I've made notes of them for the livestream tomorrow.

RiRi

@Willow I hope you're okay and got some macdonald's or treated yourself. Sorry about how the livestream went down. Thank you for answering my questions and it was cool to be there even for a few minutes.

@Harrow What were you talking about in your comment?

Harrow

I watched you LiveStream for the first time ever and while you had a lot of problems, not your fault, of course, you did an amazing job of keeping calm and kept on trying and I think that in itself is really helpful for us. Because often we panic, I know I do and then I freeze and I can't go on. And sometimes life does mess you up and you still have to go on. So between that and the questions you were able to answer, I think you did an amazing job.