Sign in to follow this  
weebo

dealing with sickness

weebo

My partner had a accident this week, he slipped and fell on the ice and has hurt his arm, he went to A&E and its not broken he has soft tissue damage, he is moaning and wincing like crazy and i am struggling to deal with it, i sound like a complete cow and horrible partner to him but i cant help it, he is not himself so i have to deal with that also he is off work so i am having to deal with the change of him being home all week when its not planned, i am trying i really am to be nice and give sympathy but its just not me its going to be a long week, i am stressed overloaded i feel sick because he is not himself, but just don't no what to say to him i had a 3 day headache so far so not sure that's gonna go any where 😞 i just want him to be himself and be back to work but if he is feeling bad i cant make him go back so i just have to deal with it .

anyone have the same sort of problems with partners and sickness, when iam ill or hurt i just deal with it i dont want any sympathy 

Nesf

My partner often complains of back pain. I don't really say anything to him as such - I deal with it in a practical way and ask him if he would like me to rub some ointment on it, or if he would like a paracetamol to deal with the pain - and I 'excuse' him from chores for a day or two until it's better. He knows me well enough to know that this is how I show that I care.

RiRi

@weebo I think I read somewhere that guys are less tolerant to pain than women are in general. I think it is biologically that way. Sorry to hear you're going to have to deal. I hope he gets better soon. 

StormCrow
On 2/4/2019 at 7:26 PM, RiRi said:

@weebo I think I read somewhere that guys are less tolerant to pain than women are in general. I think it is biologically that way. Sorry to hear you're going to have to deal. I hope he gets better soon. 

I've herd that also 

On 2/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, weebo said:

anyone have the same sort of problems with partners and sickness, when iam ill or hurt i just deal with it i dont want any sympathy 

No partners, but my mother is in a wheelchair (Lyme Disease, Hand Surgery x2, Shoulder thing and lately Ataxia) and I can't deal being around her, it's too sad to see anyone like that. 

I'm not sure if telling  him how annoying(maybe not annoying) it is would make it better.