Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Willow

Asperger Symptoms in Adult Males

RiRi
21 minutes ago, Harrow said:

No, but that is something I need to apologize for I was unfair and I am truly sorry. You did not deserve that. I was a coward 

Oh, sorry. I just thought of mentioning it in case there was something there that you hadn't noticed about yourself. How were you a coward? 

But wait there is another symptom: 

verbally aggressive at times, if not prompted about mood and tone

maybe that counts as this one ^

Edited by RiRi

Harrow
10 minutes ago, RiRi said:

Oh, sorry. I just thought of mentioning it in case there was something there that you hadn't noticed about yourself. How were you a coward? 

But wait there is another symptom: 

verbally aggressive at times, if not prompted about mood and tone

maybe that counts as this one ^

Of course, I can be I have a strong character and you are not always nice in life even too your friends. Which is wrong, but that is, life you don't always have good moments  

Tillerman77
On 2/5/2019 at 11:02 PM, Max000 said:

Struggles to accept lack of talent in an area of interest

This is the only one on the list that does not fit for me.

I am curious about the poor short term memory characteristic. If this is the case (which it is for me), how is your long term memory? In my case, I have an extremely good long term memory.

Willow
24 minutes ago, Tillerman77 said:

I am curious about the poor short term memory characteristic. If this is the case (which it is for me), how is your long term memory? In my case, I have an extremely good long term memory.

From the people I've heard from so far, they have excellent long term memory and recall.

PandaPrincess
15 minutes ago, Willow said:

From the people I've heard from so far, they have excellent long term memory and recall.

I've got an excellent long term memory, and I am female.  I can remember things like being pushed around in the stroller at the mall, and crying because I absolutely hated the stroller, and another time when my parents took me to a store, and I was terrified because I thought the lights were scary-looking, and there was an echo-ey sound in there.  I couldn't have been more than one or two years old at the time.  There's a lot of other memories I remember from when I little too.  Even though I have a good long term memory, however, I often forget words, so when I'm having a conversation with someone, I have a hard time getting my point across because I can't think of the correct word to use.  

Max000
10 hours ago, Willow said:

That is pretty much me. I have memories burned into my brain from as young as three years old. I remember it, like it just happened yesterday. On the other hand I often find myself in my kitchen, trying to remember why I came in there. LOL. 

Max000
11 hours ago, Tillerman77 said:

My strongest memories are from the age of 3 to 15. Though, there are a few blocks of time that are strangely missing. For some reason I can't remember anything from the 2nd grade in school, though I remember the other grades pretty well. I also have pretty good memory from age 15 to 25. After that, my memory is not so great. Now sometimes I struggle to remember what just happened five minutes ago. 

Tillerman77

Perhaps related to memory characteristics, I have always had difficulty/failure to remember someone's name other than the few people I am close with. Faces I can remember readily, the name that goes with a familiar face - not so much.

StormCrow

It's hard to concentrate today, but I just saw this post today and thought I make a list. I'm not sure if it's ASD or just me

-light is always too bright (the guy I work with is always saying to turn on a light to see) 

-Sensitive to sounds (although it's hard to hear what people say, maybe it's like a crowded restaurant with everyone talking) 

-sensitive to smell,  car air fresheners give me headaches

-Bad short term memory

-I don't like crowds (actually I don't really like talking to people randomly. I'd rather listen)

-changes are annoying

I'm probably forgetting some more, maybe I'll post later when I can think 

Tillerman77
2 minutes ago, StormCrow said:

-Sensitive to sounds (although it's hard to hear what people say, maybe it's like a crowded restaurant with everyone talking) 

2 minutes ago, StormCrow said:

-I don't like crowds (actually I don't really like talking to people randomly. I'd rather listen)

These are true for me as well.