Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Aspergolfer

Chistians on Asperclick

Aspergolfer

How many Christians here? 

Ben

I think me and Bruce are the only two. (That I know of)

Heather

I identify as a Christian as well. And I know there's at least one other (@Nintendo2 comes to mind). Probably more but they might not want to post or haven't been active in awhile.

Aspergolfer

Nice to hear from you Heather! I'm going to join Wickland Baptist Church here in Bardstown. What about you, where do you go to church?

Heather

Hi@AspergolferI don't have a home church at the moment. Ever since I moved to where I am now. It is so difficult to make the move to go to a new church. There is a couple I want to check out that I could walk to but I get anxious thinking of it. There was another I checked out with my partner which was nice but I have to take a couple buses but it is not too far, but it is hard. 

Do you find difficulty with the social apsects of church? It sounds like this is a new church for you, how did you choose what church to go to?

My partner has more experience with the baptist denomination. We went to a baptist church together which was nice and is one we are considering going to more. I really ought to pray about this instead of worrying so much. 

Catman2018

I'm a Christian. 

Willow

I don’t identify with any religion, though I am technically Christian as I was baptized as a baby. 

PandaPrincess

I am Christian but haven't been to church in a while because of the social aspects.  My church does this thing where someone plays a song on the piano, and then everyone goes around and shakes hands.  I absolutely cannot stand shaking hands, and the people at church know this since I have been going there ever since I was born, but they often forcibly try to shake my hand anyway.  If they would respect my physical boundaries, then I would go more often.  

Aspergolfer

Please tell them politely that you don't enjoy physical contact. You will also explain why in a manner They will understand.