Jump to content
Alice

What are your hobbies?

Recommended Posts

Alice

What are your hobbies and interests? - it doesnt have to be anything grand. Right now I love jigsaw puzzles - they are really underated as a calming, brain-training thing to do and are very satisfying. I bought 5 more yesterday. (has nothing to do with autism symbol)
422510976_ScreenShot2019-02-21at12_14_42pm.thumb.png.1213f1e5dbdb21e962f9919ec667832e.png


Last year, I was really into reading. I read 230 books. But Im in a reading slump at the moment.
 

Edited by Alice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heather

Crocheting. Especially small throw blankets. I like it because I can make something that looks nice and is useful by crocheting one stitch at a time when I have a few moments. I like watching a fun show while crocheting. I like blankets, this one pattern in particula4 because it is two repeating rows of alternating stitches. Easy but when it comes together, I am amazed by the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StormCrow

All my hobbies are related to History. 

I sew and do woodworking and also some metalwork (like making a custom tool that i need for making something) 

I also do Living History (now its 18th century) 

I'm not sure if its a hobby or just a lifestyle, but I've been doing Tai Chi Chuan for 16 years

I use to do a lot more stuff, but it got a little overwhelming. I taught German medieval long-sword, I've done Norse, Polish Hussar, Celt Living History. 

I keep changing or learning new things (like bookbinding)

Sorry for the fragmented response.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PandaPrincess

I like to crochet.  I also sometimes do gaming videos on youtube, and I love to play video games.  I spend a little too much time playing video games lol.  I also like to binge-watch shows on netflix, and I like to watch anime.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RiRi

I used to be into jigsaw puzzles too. I never really got a chance to do them until around age 24. I'm actually really good at them and enjoy it too. I've done some with a lot of pieces. I glue finished pieces into poster paper. I have no idea what's the right way to keepsake them. Some made for great pictures to hang. I moved and some got ruined (I think I'll tape and glue the pieces if I do another one) but I think I still have one that looks really good.

My current hobby is drawing and watching videos. I've actually gotten really good at drawing, even though I've never taken any art classes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tylermc

My hobbies are drawing and pastels painting 

and classic animation cartoons art books 😊

and playing golf and playing soccer ⚽️ and 

reading and collecting classic Manchester 

United books and programs ⚽❤️😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofi

Reading , gaming, pottery, colouring in, swimming, watching Netflix

I like jigsaws too but I don't do them as much as I'd like really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tylermc

And watching soccer on tv  a specially my favourite football team Manchester 

United ❤️⚽😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alice
21 hours ago, Heather said:

Crocheting. Especially small throw blankets. I like it because I can make something that looks nice and is useful by crocheting one stitch at a time when I have a few moments. I like watching a fun show while crocheting. I like blankets, this one pattern in particula4 because it is two repeating rows of alternating stitches. Easy but when it comes together, I am amazed by the outcome.

You must be pretty good at it, to be able to also watch a show. I have such good memories of my Great Nana's crochet blankets as a comforting thing. Ive tried to learn a few times, but get frustrated. I bought large knitting needles instead a couple of days ago to try learn knitting with chunky wool as I wear a lot of scarves and beanies in winter but would like to be able to make them as I want them to be.

21 hours ago, StormCrow said:

All my hobbies are related to History. 

I sew and do woodworking and also some metalwork (like making a custom tool that i need for making something) 

I also do Living History (now its 18th century) 

I'm not sure if its a hobby or just a lifestyle, but I've been doing Tai Chi Chuan for 16 years

I use to do a lot more stuff, but it got a little overwhelming. I taught German medieval long-sword, I've done Norse, Polish Hussar, Celt Living History. 

I keep changing or learning new things (like bookbinding)

Sorry for the fragmented response.  

Nice. I also like to change my interests frequently to keep interested. I also sew -  mostly alterations and tailoring to make something more suitable for me, but Ive made a few things from scratch and from patterns.
Ive tried to get into Tai Chi a few times, my Great Nana loved it - she was born in China, its peaceful and meditative but its too slow for me - I personally prefer yoga which can be vigorous or calming depending on my needs at the time
I would love to be able to do woodwork or metalwork as I enjoyed this so much in highschool.
What is living history?

 

20 hours ago, Tylermc said:

My hobbies are drawing and pastels painting 

and classic animation cartoons art books 😊

and playing golf and playing soccer ⚽️ and 

reading and collecting classic Manchester 

United books and programs ⚽❤️😊

I remember your drawings from the drawing challenge a year? or a few years ago on here :)
 

12 hours ago, Sofi said:

Reading , gaming, pottery, colouring in, swimming, watching Netflix

I like jigsaws too but I don't do them as much as I'd like really.

What kind of pottery? My nana (not Great nana) had a studio and gave classes when I was a kid so I grew up around it, but I was never very good at it

 

20 hours ago, RiRi said:

I used to be into jigsaw puzzles too. I never really got a chance to do them until around age 24. I'm actually really good at them and enjoy it too. I've done some with a lot of pieces. I glue finished pieces into poster paper. I have no idea what's the right way to keepsake them. Some made for great pictures to hang. I moved and some got ruined (I think I'll tape and glue the pieces if I do another one) but I think I still have one that looks really good.

My current hobby is drawing and watching videos. I've actually gotten really good at drawing, even though I've never taken any art classes. 


I can understand wanting to preserve them! (which is why I took a pic) I too think im naturally good at them. Im a visual thinker. They would make really good art wall pieces. I think some people used some kind of specific jigsaw puzzle glue to coat it and seal it overtop, but I would like to be able to redo them again.

I like drawing to get out an idea or emotion, and draw regularly - but I dont really enjoy the actual process of drawing, so my skill level is very basic. Do you have any pictures on here or that you would share?


As other regular hobbies, I do gardening - I have a flower and vegetable garden. And I write a little - short pieces, short stories, poetry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heather
1 hour ago, Alice said:

You must be pretty good at it, to be able to also watch a show. I have such good memories of my Great Nana's crochet blankets as a comforting thing. Ive tried to learn a few times, but get frustrated. I bought large knitting needles instead a couple of days ago to try learn knitting with chunky wool as I wear a lot of scarves and beanies in winter but would like to be able to make them as I want them to be. 

I should clarify that it's more like I listen to the show than fully watch it. Also I can crochet a couple and then look up. It's also why I like this one pattern in particular because I can start and stop easily and it takes only a second or two to see where I am. 

I guess I have gotten pretty good but I stick to the more simple things.

I have knitted before but personally I get frustrated by it because I haven't learned methods to fix it if I drop a stitch. Where in crochet, I can go back easier if I see I made a mistake. Also since I have been crocheting so long I don't have the patience with knitting needles, at least right now. Though occasionally I pick up my needles and try again. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.