Alice

What are your hobbies?

Nesf

I like to find and collect progressive rock music albums, to learn foreign languages and to watch TV documentaries. I also like walking/hiking, collecting and identifying mushrooms and gardening (every year we have a summer garden, really want a winter garden this year, too. I also like puzzles such as Rubik's cubes and jigsaw puzzles.

On 2/21/2019 at 4:52 AM, RiRi said:

I used to be into jigsaw puzzles too. I never really got a chance to do them until around age 24. I'm actually really good at them and enjoy it too. I've done some with a lot of pieces. I glue finished pieces into poster paper. I have no idea what's the right way to keepsake them. Some made for great pictures to hang

I have a very large one of a polar bear and cub hanning on the wall. It was quite a hard one to do, 2000 pieces and nearly all various shades of white :)

StormCrow
On 2/21/2019 at 6:38 PM, Alice said:
On 2/20/2019 at 8:49 PM, StormCrow said:

All my hobbies are related to History. 

I sew and do woodworking and also some metalwork (like making a custom tool that i need for making something) 

I also do Living History (now its 18th century) 

I'm not sure if its a hobby or just a lifestyle, but I've been doing Tai Chi Chuan for 16 years

I use to do a lot more stuff, but it got a little overwhelming. I taught German medieval long-sword, I've done Norse, Polish Hussar, Celt Living History. 

I keep changing or learning new things (like bookbinding)

Sorry for the fragmented response.  

Nice. I also like to change my interests frequently to keep interested. I also sew -  mostly alterations and tailoring to make something more suitable for me, but Ive made a few things from scratch and from patterns.
Ive tried to get into Tai Chi a few times, my Great Nana loved it - she was born in China, its peaceful and meditative but its too slow for me - I personally prefer yoga which can be vigorous or calming depending on my needs at the time
I would love to be able to do woodwork or metalwork as I enjoyed this so much in highschool.
What is living history?

Living history is basically dressing in historical reproduction clothes and going places.

I just do 18th century now. I'm in the 2nd Light Dragoons ( http://www.dragoons.info/ ) and we go to places where battles (or historic places) were fought and set up.