Sign in to follow this  
RiRi

What Is the Most Extreme/Scariest Thing You've Ever Done?

RiRi

What Is the Most Extreme/Scariest Thing You've Ever Done?

Nesf

Left home to go to university.

Traveled abroad alone.

Job interview.

How about you, @RiRi?

RiRi

@Nesf I can't think of anything really scary in my life. I'm not the type of person to engage in things that'll scare me. I do go out sometimes and it is scary every time but I don't think I would consider it as scariest, I feel like there are things more scary out there. I think if the thing is too scary for me, I wouldn't do it. I've never traveled abroad alone and probably would never do it. 

Edited by RiRi

HalfFull

Extreme would probably be something mountaineering based but not scary.

Scariest however - for me - was walking right through all 3 enclosures of a butterfly house having expected there to be other 'tropical' things and not all flying freely.

Ben

I think being in London, knowing that a terrorist attack was going on relatively near by was reason to keep my wits about me. I wasn't scared necessarily, but I certainly didn't switch off. If you've ever lived, or at least been a regular in a major city, then you learn to grow eyes in the back of your head pretty quickly - it becomes autopilot in the end. 

Edited by Ben

Max000
9 hours ago, Ben said:

I think being in London, knowing that a terrorist attack was going on relatively near by was reason to keep my wits about me. I wasn't scared necessarily, but I certainly didn't switch off. If you've ever lived, or at least been a regular in a major city, then you learn to grow eyes in the back of your head pretty quickly - it becomes autopilot in the end. 

I have no worries about a terrorist attack, absolutely zero. Because first, I live in an area where a  terrorist attack is pretty unlikely. But even when I lived in the city where it was more likely, I didn't worry about it. Because the odd of being hurt or killed in terrorist attack are just so small. 

On the other hand, probably the most dangerous thing I do is just driving my car. Yesterday I was driving to a nearby town to go shopping. On the way back traffic stopped suddenly on the highway. When we started moving again, a flag man was directing traffic into one single lane. Then I saw the reason. Two cars had crashed head on into each other. It's looked like one car had tried to make a left turn in front of an oncoming car. 😬  I don't worry about it too much, because I'm pretty confident in my driving skill.  But I know that if somebody suddenly turns in front of me like that, there is probably nothing I can do about it, except brace for the crash, and hope the airbag saves my life. 

Nesf
11 hours ago, RiRi said:

@Nesf I can't think of anything really scary in my life. I'm not the type of person to engage in things that'll scare me. I do go out sometimes and it is scary every time but I don't think I would consider it as scariest, I feel like there are things more scary out there. I think if the thing is too scary for me, I wouldn't do it. I've never traveled abroad alone and probably would never do it. 

I'm not an adrenalin junkie either and don't go out of my way to have dangerous or scary experiences, but sometimes scary things happen to me beyond my control, like the accident I described in the near death experience thread. I didn't mention it in this thread because I assume you mean things that I choose to do that are scary, as opposed to things that happen to us beyond out control.

Edited by Nesf

Tylermc

The scariest thing that I have done is going cliff jumping in the Caribbean with my family 

and also overcoming my fear of peacocks at my local zoo I have a huge fear 

of peacocks it's the noise that I don't like 

HalfFull
On 2/21/2019 at 11:26 PM, Ben said:

I had to leave Waterstones in Piccadilly once when a bomb scare took place during an Aspie meet-up. The one Londoner of the group said that in London this is just part of life!