Sign in to follow this  
RiRi

Near Death Experiences

Nesf
6 hours ago, RiRi said:

Wow. I do wonder why people don't see when they're backing out or why they don't back out slowly so as to avoid these kind of things from happening, if you fell it must have been a strong impact.

I think I was in his blind spot (a place at the back of a vehicle which can't be viewed in the vehicle's mirrors). Luckily he wasn't moving very fast, so I was knocked over, had a wound on my head and had concussion but nothing more serious. But given it was in a pedestrian area, he should have been more careful, and his fault, not mine.

RiRi
24 minutes ago, Nesf said:

I think I was in his blind spot (a place at the back of a vehicle which can't be viewed in the vehicle's mirrors). Luckily he wasn't moving very fast, so I was knocked over, had a wound on my head and had concussion but nothing more serious. But given it was in a pedestrian area, he should have been more careful, and his fault, not mine.

Yeah, but that's why people need to look over their shoulder so that it's no longer a blind spot. I don't drive but I think a lot of accidents could be avoided by people looking over the shoulder. 

Edited by RiRi

RiRi

@PandaPrincess Did you fail to look over your shoulder and in turn, missed the truck that was in your blind spot thus T-boning it? If so, please always look over your shoulder. It might not seem necessary but it is important. It wouldn't be in the manual if it wasn't something that should always be done. 

Nesf
11 minutes ago, RiRi said:

Yeah, but that's why people need to look over their shoulder so that it's no longer a blind spot. I don't drive but I think a lot of accidents could be avoided by people looking over the shoulder. 

I totally agree.

PandaPrincess

@RiRi In that situation, I didn't need to look over my shoulder because I was at an intersection.  What happened was I didn't get enough sleep the night before since I was in college at the time, so I wasn't completely attentive on the road, and I pulled out into the intersection too far, realizing too late that a semi was coming towards me.