What's your favourite family tradition

Tylermc

My is going golfing with my mum and dad and my brother in laws 

and have a huge family BBQ at my family's cottage 

and my mums side of the family's bocce ball tournament at my 

uncles cottage in the summer time 

and haveing a s'mores bonfire at my family's cottage 😊

Heather

It is interesting in my family because I feel like lately we have been starting new traditions.  As much as I like certain traditional things, this question is very difficult for me to answer.  

On my side of the family, with my parents and sisters, it has been difficult because we couldn't all get together because my older sister was out of the country. She is coming back soon so we will all be able to be together for birthdays and holidays, etc. 

On my partner's side of the family, we have been trying to make a tradition to go to his parents' place in the interior BC for August long weekend. 

I have an aunt and uncle who have a nice house and yard and they invite us over for Christmas and Easter typically, sometimes in the summer too, for a dinner and get together.  That can be nice but awkward, especially when neither of my sisters are there.  My sisters and I were always the little cousins and when we were younger it felt like such a huge age gap when it really wasn't too bad but we are not that close.  But I like to go because it is nice to see everyone and I feel good about going even though during I usually feel awkward at least part of the time.  I mostly just listen to my family talk and eat food and it's fine.. 🙂 

Tylermc
On 2/27/2019 at 11:39 PM, Heather said:

It is interesting in my family because I feel like lately we have been starting new traditions.  As much as I like certain traditional things, this question is very difficult for me to answer.  

On my side of the family, with my parents and sisters, it has been difficult because we couldn't all get together because my older sister was out of the country. She is coming back soon so we will all be able to be together for birthdays and holidays, etc. 

On my partner's side of the family, we have been trying to make a tradition to go to his parents' place in the interior BC for August long weekend. 

I have an aunt and uncle who have a nice house and yard and they invite us over for Christmas and Easter typically, sometimes in the summer too, for a dinner and get together.  That can be nice but awkward, especially when neither of my sisters are there.  My sisters and I were always the little cousins and when we were younger it felt like such a huge age gap when it really wasn't too bad but we are not that close.  But I like to go because it is nice to see everyone and I feel good about going even though during I usually feel awkward at least part of the time.  I mostly just listen to my family talk and eat food and it's fine.. 🙂 

me too I just listen too my dads side of my family talk during family dinners 😊 Have a great weekend heather 😊