Sign in to follow this  
ZacWolf

Is it possible for the forum administrator to add sub-topic forums?

ZacWolf

Based on a first glance of a topic with 87+ replies, I think it would be very beneficial to first split Medication and Therapy into two separate top-level forums, and then have a series of sub-topics (especially for medications). Perhaps for drug classes:

• NeuroTransmitter
  • Benzodiaspemes
  • Anti-psychotics
  • Cannabinoids
  • Other

Just as a start...

Also, a sticky post establishing etiquette would be very helpful. For example,  the legality of Cannabinoids is far from universal, not to mention the topic of Other (but there is actual academic work being done on substances that have been considered non-therapeutic in the past ), so comments denigrating someone's experience with such medications as being "irresponsible" because they are illegal in some places is simply not helpful. Maybe point out that these posts should never be taken as "recommendations" but just as individuals stating their personal experiences, and thus should be read as a stepping stone for further research or discussion with a medical professional?

Just some thoughts. 😀

-Zac

Willow

We used to have more sub forums, but we've found it more beneficial to make the forum smaller as it was consequently more user friendly and generally preferred. 🙂 

As for sticky posts regarding etiquette, we've never needed anything like that, as most things tend to be taken with an open mind here, and if someone doesn't like something, they just don't comment.

But thank you for your suggestions (I have moved your thread to the feedback forum so as not to confuse things).

ZacWolf

Not to be purposely confrontational, just trying to understand, do you consider 87 replies to a single thread, useful?

People might read the first page and the last page, but that means that anyone in the middle isn't being heard.

That's particularly frustrating when it comes to information about medications, especially since it's such a HUGE topic.

Well, that's just my two cents worth. Thanks for taking the time to regard it.

Willow

I'm sure it's been useful to many over the years. Threads get big, it is the nature of a forum. If someone wants to start a thread about a specific medication, that's fine. The search function would bring up any individual posts with within large threads that pertain to a specific keyword, so posts in large threads will be useful there; search engine results will act the same.

I can't cap how large a thread becomes - nobody needs to read all of it if they don't wish, people who felt they weren't getting heard could make a more specific thread of their own. But, you have to remember, this isn't an information website, with static content. Those posts 'in the middle' were once at the end, getting read and replied to at the time they were current.