gallerypiece

Receiving a diagnosis

gallerypiece

Hello everyone! I haven’t posted on here in quite some time. Things with my family have been rough as usual but I have some great news! On March 7th I was officially diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder Level 1. I have been going through mental health evaluations since the beginning of January. This means a lot to me because I’be been struggling with sensory issues, communication issues, and self regulatory issues for as long as I can remember. I struggled all throughout school and now as a 20 year old I’ve been struggling living as an adult with a job and a car and stuff. Now that I’ve received this diagnosis I can apply for disability, which will allow me to have an income and be able to pursue my career choices (tattooing or reptile breeding) and I can do it al out of my own home! Thanks for reading and being here for me, I’m glad I can officially say I’m autistic and can join the community without feeling invalid bc of a lack of a diagnosis. I will make a post going a bit more in depth about getting diagnosed and how everything went for me.

Heather

That's great you got an official diagnosis that confirmed your suspicions and can help you get supports moving forward!  Good luck with your career aspirations, I hope you find something that suits you and your unique skills and abilities. 🙂 And welcome (back) to the forum!  

RiRi

Hi @gallerypiece, welcome to the forum! To get disability where you live, the only requirement to getting benefits is being officially diagnosed?