GracideaFlower

Greetings!

GracideaFlower

As someone who was diagnosed at a young age with Asperger's syndrome, I'm eager to meet fellow aspies and get to know you all! 

I'd particularly love to be able to learn new coping strategies from the asd community, since recently I've been feeling more and more exhausted by just.. existing. The usual stressors (noise, movement and social interactions) have been wearing me out faster and faster over time, and feeling like I'm at 20 to 40 percent charge has just become the norm.

Well, that's about it! I hope to be able to share some awesome memories with y'all! 😄

PandaPrincess

Welcome!

Alice
On 3/31/2019 at 5:04 AM, GracideaFlower said:

As someone who was diagnosed at a young age with Asperger's syndrome, I'm eager to meet fellow aspies and get to know you all! 

I'd particularly love to be able to learn new coping strategies from the asd community, since recently I've been feeling more and more exhausted by just.. existing. The usual stressors (noise, movement and social interactions) have been wearing me out faster and faster over time, and feeling like I'm at 20 to 40 percent charge has just become the norm.

Well, that's about it! I hope to be able to share some awesome memories with y'all! 😄

Welcome 🙂 sounds like autistic burnout from all the effort it takes to try fit into an NT world, and appear neurotypical 24-7 witch can drain overtime and worsen coping/functioning - its a common aspie experience. You might have to cut back and pick up lots of self-care habits and routines that suit you and include more accomodations when you have to be exposed to excess sensory/social stuff- like noise cancelling headphones/earplugs, glasses, soothing tools and objects, music, choose more suitable environs etc.. whatever it is for you 

GracideaFlower

Thank you, Alice. I started looking into autistic burnout since you mentioned it, and it seems like that'd explain a lot.

Your advice regarding coping tools has also been very valuable, music definitely helps, as does soothing objects. I recently found out that peppermint extract works wonders for combating nausea, so I've been wearing a vial necklace filled with the stuff wherever I go. The headphones sound like a lifesaver, I'm hoping to get my hands on some soon.

Thank you again, I'm super grateful for your help!