rainbow

A woman hit on me

rainbow

Hi there,

I was not sure which part of the forum to put this in.

I go to a craft group in the afternoon, and just before Christmas last year,  a woman came onto me after over hearing me and a friend talking about LGBT stuff.

the woman who came onto me who is a Buch lady.

She ask me  if  she could talk to me outside so I went outside to chat to her. She then gave me her number and tried to kiss me which shocked me.

I said no right away.

RiRi
18 minutes ago, rainbow said:

Hi there,

I go to a craft group in the afternoon, and just before Christmas last year,  a woman came onto me after over hearing me and a friend talking about LGBT stuff.

She ask me  if  she could talk to me outside so I went outside to chat to her. She then gave me her number and tried to kiss me which shocked me.

I said no right away.

@rainbow Did you find her attractive? Was she also on the spectrum? If so, maybe she didn't really know how to approach the situation. Maybe she found you attractive or liked your personality and wanted to see if you'd be her girlfriend but maybe that was too fast and not the social convenience/socially etiquette. If so, that's unfortunate. But if you try to get to know her better who knows if she's a nice person and would let you go if you find you don't want to be friends with her. I guess you never know with people. But I imagine it must have made you uncomfortable, nevertheless. Sorry that happened to you.

Edited by RiRi

Dr-David-Banner
24 minutes ago, rainbow said:

Hi there,

I said no right away.

Maybe the best way to handle this is just to talk to her normally as to your feelings on the matter. You've no need to cut off a friendship once you clarify where the land lies. I have had gay people come on strong in the past as they just misread the situation. She may  be feeling awkward so maybe just communicate you only want to be friends and all should be well. 

Peridot
1 hour ago, rainbow said:

Hi there,

I said no right away.

That's really creepy. I wouldn't even have gone outside to chat to her. 😕