Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AspergerSimpleLife

Is there an advantage to dating religious women?

Recommended Posts

AspergerSimpleLife

I live in the United States and it’s common to meet women in church (especially Baptist mega-churches in the South) so you can talk and get involved in youth and service groups to get to know other people.

 

The best part is that she probably wouldn’t mind that you haven’t been in a relationship before. My typical response to that question is “It was God’s timing to set me up with the right person”. People on the spectrum are frequently virgins in their 20s and 30s where society at large sees it as a negative and somehow “immature”. The Christian view, especially Evangelicals, find it a valued trait.

 

Let me know your opinions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peridot

There's someone I follow on YouTube who is a Christian. He's very knowledgable and I like him. He's a writer and he speaks interestingly about literature/music/art and he plays guitar… He's a good guy but he also has this side to him which is horribly immature and frustrating.

He at some point showed this side where he said he married his wife about a decade after they met and that in those years they both saw other people because "We were young and stupid. When you're young you do stupid things. 🤣 ". Can you imagine calling one of your exes and saying that? That you say the only reason you saw her in the past was because you were young and stupid? It's just awful.

He also said that going to church was a good way to meet a woman and that you just date a few of them and that pretty soon you'll bump into one that you like enough to settle down with. He said there was one woman he met in church who said she didn't like the music he liked so he moved on to the next one and then the next one until he met one who did. He disrespectfully imitated how this woman said this using a nagging, squeeky voice. Horrible. Just horrible.

Don't go to church.

Oh and I think you'll find many women outside of church are excited when they find out a man they're dating is a virgin. Many women actually prefer this as it means they have you all for themselves which is what a lot of women want. They want a monogamous relationship, preferrably with a man who was a virgin before they started dating. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AspergerSimpleLife
7 hours ago, Peridot said:

There's someone I follow on YouTube who is a Christian. He's very knowledgable and I like him. He's a writer and he speaks interestingly about literature/music/art and he plays guitar… He's a good guy but he also has this side to him which is horribly immature and frustrating.

He at some point showed this side where he said he married his wife about a decade after they met and that in those years they both saw other people because "We were young and stupid. When you're young you do stupid things. 🤣 ". Can you imagine calling one of your exes and saying that? That you say the only reason you saw her in the past was because you were young and stupid? It's just awful.

He also said that going to church was a good way to meet a woman and that you just date a few of them and that pretty soon you'll bump into one that you like enough to settle down with. He said there was one woman he met in church who said she didn't like the music he liked so he moved on to the next one and then the next one until he met one who did. He disrespectfully imitated how this woman said this using a nagging, squeeky voice. Horrible. Just horrible.

Don't go to church.

Oh and I think you'll find many women outside of church are excited when they find out a man they're dating is a virgin. Many women actually prefer this as it means they have you all for themselves which is what a lot of women want. They want a monogamous relationship, preferrably with a man who was a virgin before they started dating. lol

I don’t think you can use one person, even if he’s a social media icon, as proof for why a method or way of life is bad. Also, I doubt many non-religious women are open to dating a virgin. Because on Twitter I saw a couple of non-religious women (some of them Bernie Sanders supporters) retweet a post mocking Jesus for “being less than 6 ft tall, and he died a virgin lol”. I’m disgusted by posts like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peridot
57 minutes ago, AspergerSimpleLife said:

I don’t think you can use one person, even if he’s a social media icon, as proof for why a method or way of life is bad. Also, I doubt many non-religious women are open to dating a virgin. Because on Twitter I saw a couple of non-religious women (some of them Bernie Sanders supporters) retweet a post mocking Jesus for “being less than 6 ft tall, and he died a virgin lol”. I’m disgusted by posts like this.

Hm. Yes… I think this is an interesting topic of discussion. 🤔

It's all kind of confusing to me. On one hand women seem to want a monogamous guy but at the same time there are women who flock to a guy to whom women flock. Is it the "alpha male" thing where these women on some level think there is no civilization and therefore they look for the most brutish guy as he's the one with whom they think they are safe from wild animals and other tribes and who can give them the most recources? Is it that wacky?

I think in general you're going to have a hard time finding a woman who isn't monogamous… But at the same time women want a guy who's been with many women… But not at the same time... So they want a guy who's had a string of monogamous relationships…? 😖

I've been dropped like a hot stone by some women as soon they found out I wasn't monogamous. Not mono? F*ck you then! Bye bye! But a guy who isn't mono is sooner someone who is "alpha" I'd say than someone who is. The guy has to be "confident" women say but monogamy has to do with insecurity and not confidence. Yet most women want a mono guy, I still believe. That's a contradiction. 🤔

If I think about this for too long I'm gonna go off the deep end, AspergerSimpleLife. 😱

Why can't people just live harmoniously? Why is there this horrible, tense situation a lot of the time with people not making a damn bit of sense? I hate fruit! And my favorite fruit is apple! 🍎🍏🤪

I've given up, ASL. It's just so confusing to me. If you wanna date a conservative Christian girl then you should just go and do that. 💍 I wish you (two) the best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanctuary
On 4/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, AspergerSimpleLife said:

I live in the United States and it’s common to meet women in church (especially Baptist mega-churches in the South) so you can talk and get involved in youth and service groups to get to know other people.

 

The best part is that she probably wouldn’t mind that you haven’t been in a relationship before. My typical response to that question is “It was God’s timing to set me up with the right person”. People on the spectrum are frequently virgins in their 20s and 30s where society at large sees it as a negative and somehow “immature”. The Christian view, especially Evangelicals, find it a valued trait.

 

Let me know your opinions!

If religion is very important to you ASL it is probably best for you to find a religious partner. Within a religious culture (especially a conservative one) it may also be common for partners to have no prior sexual experience. In more secular cultures It will be unusual for someone in their twenties and thirties to be a virgin but as Peridot mentioned it may not necessarily be seen as a problem and some women may like the "innocence" of a man who is not sexually experienced and feel that such a man is less likely to have a "wandering eye". Ultimately though you need someone who you feel is closest to your wavelength and if certain beliefs (religious, political or other) are very important to you it's best to look for someone who shares them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.