Sign in to follow this  
Dr-David-Banner

Releasing My Track

Peridot

Dr-David-Banner

Had a look at the vid. Actually you will notice heavy metal is still going. I don't mind heavy metal although it tends to lack melody and deeper lyrics. If I did metal I could get some feedback but the problem I will explain: Leaving aside my own sound, music I listen to for enjoyment is way way different to what 99.9 per cent of other people download. For example, Jefferson Airplane (a huge band back in 1969).I make a point of allowing such bands to hopefully influence my sound. The audience though has long vanished. Todays audience seek mostly simplicity. According to some studies, music has gotten simpler. Music today is something I like to do all by myself as it relaxes me. Money wise or even with regard to feedback it is a total waste of my time. The only interest would be from much older musicians who know what a riff or arpeggio or hook is. One thing I notice too is that Paul's son James Mccartney seems to have stopped touring and doing albums. I get him totally. He got fed up being ignored and just having the media ask about The Beatles. No fair or even interested feedback from enough journalists. 

Dr-David-Banner

Maybe it's different in other geographical region but where I am the focus of life is work and relationships. One or two people I know like to take regular holidays abroad. Somehow though it seems to me something has gone wrong. I recall John Lennon opened up later in life how his school never directed him towards arts. He was pushed into the concept of having to be a plumber or gas-fitter or painter. This is how it is where I live where men are supposed to carry a drill and spanner and drive a van. Beyond that is nothing any deeper. Not sure if anyone here ever saw the movie Educating Rita. It was about a working class girl who wanted to do drama and English lit at uni. There she meets a lecturer who coaches her through essay writing and tutorials. What happens is a big rift opens up between her and her family and boyfriend. Awareness of art creates friction and end of a relationship. Educating Rita is a movie that suggest life without art is a pretty colourless life at that. Anyway it just seems even more the case society just revolves around work, money, facebook, relationships and generally robotic existence.