HalfFull

How Do You Find 21St Century Shopping?

Nesf

I like shopping online and find it convenient, but I hate waiting for things to arrive and it's also much more expensive, because you have to pay for shipping/delivery.

Max000
On 3/6/2019 at 5:42 AM, Nesf said:

I like shopping online and find it convenient, but I hate waiting for things to arrive and it's also much more expensive, because you have to pay for shipping/delivery.

I don't know where you are located, but half the stuff I buy are $1 or $2 items with free shipping direct from China. Yeah, I have to wait a long time for the items to arrive, but nowhere can I buy the stuff cheaper. You can't get it cheaper then buying direct from a Chinese factory. It's impossible. Even if I do have to pay for shipping, in most all cases it's a lot cheaper then buying it in a local store. 

Nesf
4 hours ago, Max000 said:

I don't know where you are located, but half the stuff I buy are $1 or $2 items with free shipping direct from China. Yeah, I have to wait a long time for the items to arrive, but nowhere can I buy the stuff cheaper. You can't get it cheaper then buying direct from a Chinese factory. It's impossible. Even if I do have to pay for shipping, in most all cases it's a lot cheaper then buying it in a local store. 

I've bought things from China before, but it takes an incredibly long time for things to arrive, and then, if it's over 22 Euros, you have to pay VAT and import duties... and it's a lot. So good for some things, and if you're not in a hurry.

HalfFull
On 3/5/2019 at 4:38 PM, Melanie222 said:

21st century shopping is one of the best things that could happen! Today we have a great possibility to buy things sitting at home. It allows to save time and money. Personally I order almost everything online, except vegetables, fruits, bread, everything fresh. Also I've recently started ordering meds online. Of course, there are many untrusted sites, and it took me some time to find a good one, but finally I chose Canada Pharmacy for this purpose. I should say, I haven't regretted my choice as the prices are reasonable, I get my orders in time, and this site provides visitors with the descriptions of the meds (sometimes I use it only to that end). Frankly speaking, I can't imagine my life without Internet 😀

I was very surprised to see my old topic revived. I can see the advantages of online shopping and have ended up by chance buying a couple of things online simply as that was the set-up, eg, such a deal on printer ribbons came with my new printer and it is nice to not have to go into town to track the correct ones down. My grumbles in the topic were really about encounters in shops, so in that sense I often find 21st century shopping a pain. The other day I wanted a red bull (naughty I know!). Nobody was on the counter so I went to self service but then had to wait for assistance because they had to check I looked over 16 (I'm almost 30 years in!). It was taking for ever for someone to come over but someone went on the till, so I decided to cancel the items, but it turned out that I even had to get someone over to do this. So when someone came over I had to explain, then due to the wait had to get back to work very quickly.

Max000
On 3/9/2019 at 9:29 AM, Nesf said:

I've bought things from China before, but it takes an incredibly long time for things to arrive, and then, if it's over 22 Euros, you have to pay VAT and import duties... and it's a lot. So good for some things, and if you're not in a hurry.

Fortunately I live in a state, that has no sales tax and I never have to any pay import duties. So I'm lucky in that regard. If I need the item fast, I pay extra and buy it from a US seller. Then I usually get it in two days. 

polish_bear_65
On 3/6/2019 at 3:42 PM, Nesf said:

I agree. Conventional stores think lowering the price will save them, when major reason people are switching to online - it saves time.

Sanctuary

Another advantage of online shopping is it usually opens up more choice and a greater chance of acquiring the items we want, especially if they are "niche" items. I'm sure we've all had the experience of going to a store and finding the item we want isn't there, or that it can be ordered but it will take a long time. Buying online generally gives much more chance of getting the item we want and at a very good price. It's hard for conventional shops to compete against those standards.

ed_ten_72

My only reason to shop online: one place. I don't have to drive around town to pick all the stuff in the list. It saves time, preserves my nerves and it gets delivered to your door. Simple as that. There are certain things I still prefer to buy personally, but currently I buy 50% of stuff online.

polish_bear_65

Hey. Since you started this whole "21st century" stuff I've a got a question too. Can anybody amongst you guys explain to me if this's legal: been having this knee pain for quite a while, it's an old injury. I don't feel like using regular painkillers, because it's a one way road. So I've thinking about herb for quite some time. And I'm not good with law. Question is this: is it legal to buy it online in Ohio? Won't I get arrested when my package arrives? Plus I've been using for my non-prescription pills this Canadian Pharmacy for a while. Didn't have a single problem. But you know, you can never be too sure. Question is: is it legal to buy medical cannabis from Canada? Thanks. I'm not interested in this particular vendor, just provided as an example.