Aspergolfer

Seventh-day Adventists on Asperclick?

Peridot

Just a thought… It's 2019, right? And Lucifer is still causing problems. He's never gone back to being what he was intended to be. He still hates mankind after all this time and still doesn't have any kind of doubt as to whether or not he should continue what he's doing. Seems kinda odd to me. Seriously.

Ben
1 hour ago, Peridot said:

Just a thought… It's 2019, right? And Lucifer is still causing problems. He's never gone back to being what he was intended to be. He still hates mankind after all this time and still doesn't have any kind of doubt as to whether or not he should continue what he's doing. Seems kinda odd to me. Seriously.

Humans are odd. Procrastination for example  - I mean, why would someone intentionally sabotage their own lives for absolutely no reason? 

We also sweat the small stuff, and become angry over the pen lid in the draw without a pen, yet turn a blind eye to the fact that our lives are whistling away at a rate of knots, and we're still happy to bumble along making next to no progress. 

A lot of these sorts of things are covered in the bible, which is why it's always worth a read, if only for books like Job - which everyone can relate to. You don't have to necessarily believe in it to enjoy it. I'll read the Quran sometimes just to gain a better understanding of Islam  (as I said, I'm after world peace predominately.)

Peridot

@Ben Lucifer as far as I know isn't human. 🙂 But Lucifer is perpetually pissed off and though he isn't human it seems kinda tiring to me after millennia? I mean according to Christian "lore" he and God aren't on good terms anymore but it seems to me that even "demons" or "devils" or "angels" or however you want to call them get tired eventually of being in such a state and start looking for a solution.

Edited by Peridot

Aspergolfer

Satan was defeated on Calvary. His attempts are as futile as can possibly be. He loses and all who have put their trust in Christ win.

Peridot

Satriani wrote a song about that, I think.

Ben
20 hours ago, Peridot said:

@Ben Lucifer as far as I know isn't human. 🙂 But Lucifer is perpetually pissed off and though he isn't human it seems kinda tiring to me after millennia? I mean according to Christian "lore" he and God aren't on good terms anymore but it seems to me that even "demons" or "devils" or "angels" or however you want to call them get tired eventually of being in such a state and start looking for a solution.

Beyond the realms of space time, worldly time means literally nothing. 1,000 Earth years could  be the equivalent of 10 minutes in the spiritual realm - who knows? Maybe the past, present and future  all happen at once? (Wow, this thread is becoming an acid trip.) 

I too, find the entire concept confusing. As a Christian I'll admit this: Lucifer/Satan/The Devil/ is a pointless being. VERY important in the books of Luke and Matthew, but useless after the ascension. 

I literally have no idea what the devil finds to do. If he knows he can't defeat God, then why bother? 

Edited by Ben

Aspergolfer

Sin takes one farther than one wants to go, makes one stay longer than one should stay, and makes one pay more than they can afford to pay. It has carried Satan away by his own volition. It will sweep him and all those who haven't accepted Christ as Savior into the Lake of Fire and eternal destruction. Come to Christ in faith before it is too late. For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16