Myrtonos

Favourite native tongue videos

Myrtonos

Does anyone here have any like any of what I like to call native tongue videos? If English is not a vlogger's native language, then a video in that vlogger's native language is a native tongue video. Because English is the working language of this site, only videos with English subtitles count.

Myrtonos

Here is an example:

DEwCC

DE means it is German spoken and wCC means click for the subtitles. wSUB would mean the subtitles are hard-coded.

Myrtonos

Let us all be honest:

@RiRi Would you, being Hispanic, rather watch a native-tongue video by a fellow Spanish speaker than a video, also by any Spaniard, that is in any other language?

@Peridot Being Dutch, would you say a video by a Dutch or Flemish vlogger sounds better in Dutch than in any language that isn't their native tongue?

@Joie6 You are French, does it seem better if videos by French (from France, Belgium, Switzerland or Canada) that you watch are French spoken?

Edited by Myrtonos

Peridot

@Myrtonos

I think so. I think you can kind of tell in this video. She's Dutch and speaks English really well, like a lot of Dutch people but it's not as fluent as the native tongue.

Myrtonos

Here is another one, by Hannah Thalhammer, and it is not a stunt, videos in German being her normal course of business:

DEwCC

Hannah speaks fast enough that her videos may also need German subtitles. Translators might want to check out other videos of hers that still don't have them.

Peridot
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, Myrtonos said:

@Peridot How about this one? And it's by a booktuber:

NLwCC

lol I watched part of it but then couldn't take it anymore. It made me cringe. 🤨 Dutch people often times are kind of without a real personality of their own? If that makes sense? This woman clearly is sort of copying a video style she's seen elsewhere...and she's isn't really authentic…? Like she's never fully matured as a person. Sound kinda harsh but I don't mean it badly.

I've always felt "the odd man out" in this sense... Like I've been born in the wrong country.

The woman in the video below is a different story. Vara is her name. She's American and she says she sees herself as an "alien" resulting in atypical behavior like e.g. that she never goes places unlike many of her fellow Americans. lmao

Vara is more "real" personality wise if that makes sense. She strikes me as autistic. She's in a way a bit rigid and she's kinda cerebral... I find her very attractive and I just like her but I haven't participated in the chatroom of her live streams as the vibe in there is not necessarily the same wavelength as I am on. Take e.g. this interaction:

Vara: I hope everyone is doing well!

Grizzlyman: I'm doing way better than anyone else.

Guy 2: Grizzlyman is doing almost as well as me.

Guy 3: No, Grizzlyman is right. He's doing better than you because you are a worm.

The comeback of Guy 3 was seen as a good one by Vara but I don't understand it at all. 🤔 A worm? How's that funny? But yeah, I think she's beautiful. The Dutch woman as well. Very, very attractive and beautiful. Despite the "lack of maturity" I'd love to be her companion for a while where we walk through the forest or something and bicycle through a meadow and have plenty of s*x.

Myrtonos

@Peridot I'm sorry; Now first of all, videos in English by native English speakers are technically native-tongue videos, but English-spoken videos are outside the scope of this thread. This thread is about native tongue videos by native speakers of other languages, specifically ones with English subtitles given the working language of this site.

@Miss Chief and @Echo, do you guys know of any native-tongue videos by native Welsh speakers?

Peridot
9 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

@Peridot I'm sorry; Now first of all, videos in English by native English speakers are technically native-tongue videos, but English-spoken videos are outside the scope of this thread. This thread is about native tongue videos by native speakers of other languages, specifically ones with English subtitles given the working language of this site.

I went a bit off topic. 🙂

I'll stick to the topic at hand should I post more.

Edited by Peridot

Joie6

@Myrtonos To answer your question, yes if the french spoken youtuber/vlogger has French as his/her mother language.