Sign in to follow this  
Heather Feather

Hi, I'm Heather

Heather Feather

Hi, I'm Heather. I'm 18 years old. I've done hours upon hours of research and watching documentaries on ASD and AS. I'm certain that I fall on the spectrum. I've always known I'm different from others in some way. I have sensory issues, stims, trouble communication, bad eye contact, anxiety when things change, ect. I realized I could very possibly be on the spectrum a year in a half or so ago thanks to my endless research, which I'm still doing. I was going to be formally tested for ASD a few months back, but my family didn't have the money. I hopefully will be tested soon.

Peridot

Welcome, Heather.

I'm possibly on the spectrum as well. I feel as you say "different" in certain ways. Hard to describe. But e.g. I'm rather youthful whereas a lot of people around are kind of jaded/in a rut/flat. A lot of people are also more group minded where they lose themselves in that group which is something that has always made me very uncomfortable. And so on.

Edited by Peridot

Sanctuary
On 7/25/2019 at 1:17 PM, Heather Feather said:

Hi, I'm Heather. I'm 18 years old. I've done hours upon hours of research and watching documentaries on ASD and AS. I'm certain that I fall on the spectrum. I've always known I'm different from others in some way. I have sensory issues, stims, trouble communication, bad eye contact, anxiety when things change, ect. I realized I could very possibly be on the spectrum a year in a half or so ago thanks to my endless research, which I'm still doing. I was going to be formally tested for ASD a few months back, but my family didn't have the money. I hopefully will be tested soon.

It's good you've done lots of research on this and have a very clear idea about your situation. There are lots of further insights among the past topics on the forum. Diagnosis is unfortunately often a big hurdle for individuals, especially if someone has to pay. It's possible there may be opportunities to get a free or more affordable diagnosis but however it is done I hope you won't be waiting long to get one.

Heather

Hi Heather, I'm Heather too!  

Welcome to the forum. 🙂

Myrtonos

@Heather You might want to consider changing your username to include your surname or (if you have one) your middle name now there is another Heather here.

Heather

@Myrtonos

There is room for more than one Heather. 🙂 I may change it in the future but our usernames are different so it's okay. 🙂

Joie6

Hi Heather and welcome to the forum :)

Heather

@Myrtonos actually there are so many Heather's in the world. It'll be okay because of context. For example in this thread, it's about welcoming this Heather to the fold.

If people tag her they'll tag her whole user name! I'll probably change my user name in the future but not gonna rush out to do so.