Andy

I Have Done It Again !

Andy

I have done it again, I have cut myself out of something I enjoy because of others, you see I got picked on by someone who I though was a friend and turned out not to be, but because he is the friend of my friends to avoid further unhappy confrontation I have chosen not to go out with my friends. because the matter is unresolved. My friends tell me not to be so sensitive, but they are not me, they don't have the social issues I have and they don't seem to be the butt of people's jokes where I do and I have had enough, I can deal with the hurt no longer and so I must keep myself away.

But why me, why is it always me that is the butt of other's jokes  and this joke has been going on for a few months now and recently I snapped, I had had enough of being laughed at and challenged the joker who just laughed at me so that is it I have to lose my social activities  because of a more popular person my friends won't quit or request he stops his attacks on me.

But why me, why  is it always me that is the butt of everyone's jokes, I mean I am decent and friendly with people, I never ridicule them or abuse them, but they have no such qualms doing such to me and they get away with it by me be told I am too sensitive.

I hate this life andI hate being me.

Mike_GX101

Choose some other friends then.

It really is that simple.

Edited by Mike_GX101

Andy

Yeah, just like that.

These people have been friends through thick and thin for eight years now. the problem is two new additions one our age group and the other an eighteen year old and it is the latter that is causing the problems with me, but he is so sweet with the female members of our group, butter would not melt.One friend says put him in his place, but I don't know how to do that and that is why I always lose as I don't have such social skills 

Toran

If they were your true friends they wouldnt ridicule you and make you the butt of there jokes. You know human nature so maybe you should look for a new friendship base because the one you have appear not to be of your nature at all.

Thats not easy but you do need people of a similar nature if your to find what your looking for.

Xmas

It really makes a person feel disillusioned when so-called friends behave in that manner. Who do they think they are, are they that special? I have been accused of being too "sensitive" in the past, I think it is just an excuse people use to justify their bad behaviour. It's enough to make you lose faith in people.

You are better and stronger than they are, you have proved that by being prepared to stand alone. You deserve better.

mary

Andy, I can totally understand your frustration with the situation, but by not joining in you are letting him win.  I know it's difficult, but you need to try and show him that it doesn't affect you (even though I know it does).  He's obviously just trying to get you to rise to the situation... I have no idea why people are like this, but he's obviously getting some sort of pleasure out of upsetting you - bullying behaviour for sure. 

Have you talked to your other friends about this properly?  And told them exactly how it makes you feel?  There's a difference between being sensitive for no real reason, and being sensitive for the reasons you say - and it's obvious that his behaviour is upsetting.

Hopefully your friends will come to their senses and realise what a loss it is to not have you take part in their group activities :(  You're a really nice person, and don't deserve to feel ridiculed and picked on :(

Andy

It's not my friends of old that are the problem, it's the two new ones where of the two new one is female which is support for the other female in our group so of the older friends I kind of guess she does not want to rock the boat in case she loses an ally through the same sex. And so tonight I understand from one of my friends that went to meet the others but left them to come and meet me elsewhere where I was in my own, funnily enough trying to rescue a hedge hog, the eighteen year old felt the tension and asked was he the problem where the other new female said he wasn't the problem, the problem was me, although she had no idea why, where I guess in her world bullying is par for the course,

I will continue to stay away as to face it, I am used to being shafted by better socially able than me and as to my friends, this is their test are they worthy or not and I will shed a tear if they are not.

Boobookittyfrag

Nothing is going to change until you tell this person how you feel.

Perhaps if you approach one of your older friends and tell them exactly how you are feeling about all of this, and then have them there as support so you can tell this 18 year old your standpoint.

Cutting yourself off is easy to do, but it's also not hurting anyone else but you. These people aren't psychic so all they are going to see is someone being super senstive with no explanation and you are left resenting them because they aren't being as understanding as you need them to be.

Do any of your friends know you are on the spectrum? Or why you are feeling the way you are about it all? The new girl obviously doesn't know you well, and neither does this young guy - perhaps if you are a bit more open with them about yourself they will be less abrasive towards you.

Just a few thoughts.

Andy

Nothing is going to change until you tell this person how you feel.

I have done, he laughed at me and carried on even after I asked him to stop where I can only guess the power the teenager feels  on hearing my request.

Perhaps if you approach one of your older friends and tell them exactly how you are feeling about all of this, and then have them there as support so you can tell this 18 year old your standpoint.

I have done they fail to see my problem therefore I am too sensitive because they cannot see and I need to man up, where my manning up could be violent and I don't want to go there

Cutting yourself off is easy to do, but it's also not hurting anyone else but you. These people aren't psychic so all they are going to see is someone being super senstive with no explanation and you are left resenting them because they aren't being as understanding as you need them to be.

Do any of your friends know you are on the spectrum? Or why you are feeling the way you are about it all? The new girl obviously doesn't know you well, and neither does this young guy - perhaps if you are a bit more open with them about yourself they will be less abrasive towards you.

All my friends know what I am including the bully and his moll

Just a few thoughts.

Mike_GX101

So what's the connection between you guys?  Is it a club?  A hobby group?  You all go to the same pub??