Ace

Well, I always wondered why I couldn't find anyone else with my predicament. So randomly yesterday after being hounded by my mom for other reasons (actually not related to my ASD) I got into deep thought, "why is she uprate right now? Is it that time of the month? No it was only briefly after she had a couple drinks, so is she stressed? Yes probably she's had a tooth ache and root canal earlier today? But is that all? ... " Then started to think to myself as I have been finding myself do more recently, "why am I analyzing people like this? Does it ever help? Do normal people do this (NTs as I've seen them called on here) or is this part of having Asperger's? Even for an aspie is that normal?" And so I decided to look for a forum. And here I am. 

I'll mention I'm 22, going to school to be a mechanical engineer. I was diagnosed with Asperger's when I was in 8th grade (2011) but before had been diagnosed with ADD which is a common misdiagnosis so I've been told. Thankfully my mom is fairly understanding and brother is like a good friend but my dad never really could understand why I was different, although now I think he knows I'm probably going to be, if not already, smarter/wiser than him even if he doesn't say it. If you couldn't tell by now I think I'm the type to go into a lot of detail when explaining things so I sometimes catch myself and wrap it up or cut it off, like now.😁

Ace

Also it might be worth mentioning I usually have a positive outlook on Asperger's. I usually think to myself that it's more of a gift than a problem. I didn't used to think that way but now I see other NTs lives and the way they think and sometimes think how weirdly caught up in seemingly pointless things they are, and odd that a lot of people like drama which causes stress. I am unique (although less so around here) and I'm glad that I'm different. Because if everyone were the same, life would not progress and would be so boring. 

ancus

hello I think maybe technically I've been here long enough to say WELCOME TO THE FORUM, although actually I had a three year hiatus after less than 30 posts, but oh well who's counting any way.  Nice to meet you.

Ace
1 minute ago, RiRi said:

@Ace Have you ever been to @Willow's chatroom? 

I have not, where is it?

RiRi
1 minute ago, Ace said:

I have not, where is it?

I opted out a while ago but I think it should be on @Willow's website, you pay $1 from what I recall to utilize it. You can even make meetups and see when most people can make it or do it at different times. I don't know if she still has it open, she should, you should check her website. I stopped utilizing it because at the time I was using it, Willow was having issues and she was barely there. Like, she'd be late to it or had technical issues and wouldn't be there (she was struggling with depression) so I opted out of it once I became less active on the forum. She'd create meet ups too I don't know if they're still around since I'm not a paid member of this forum and therefore can't see if there are any but another paid member can maybe tell you. Paid members are in orange.