ancus

ethics of conversation?

ancus

A few weeks ago I was having flashbacks and I wanted to feel better so I messaged a friend of mine and told her that she was beautiful and cool and we had a nice conversation.  I didn't talk about my flashbacks though.  And I wonder if it would have been okay for me to do so.  I just don't want to pressure her into talking to me if she don't want to, I don't want her to feel like, oh no, she has to chat with me right now or else I'm gonna do something drastic or whatever.  She knows that I have them, I just didn't mention I'd been going through one for about a day or two. 

Ace

Honestly I think it depends on the person. If they are the good listener type then they probably won't mind. Although I've found some people say they are good listeners or "if you ever need to talk I'm here" but then end up butting in and interjecting their own conversation into yours. These types also don't mind much but it annoyed me more than just having an awkward silence instead. Then I imagine there are the type that might be annoyed by it and are probably self absorbed, which I am not friends with people like that so couldn't tell you much about them. 

Ace

Oh apparently I underlined stuff? Not sure how

ancus

I thought I'd responded to this but apparently not.  Oh well. 

So anyway.   She lives in New York and wants me to come visit her.  She kind of offered to buy me plane tickets?  I don't know if she was serious.  That's a lot of money.  It's kind of funny to be asked by someone to get on a plane, when I'm also considering fleeing the country if things get really bad.  (really, I'm getting my passport renewed soon, and there's a program for teaching English as a second language potentially in Spain that I'm going to sniff out at my next opportunity).  If Trump wins reelection in 2020, I'm very frightened of what will happen.  I already have reams of medical documents showing I am autistic and I have ADHD, and I'm part of a small local trans community and I rarely hide the fact I'm bisexual except when I'm around my dad.  So it's pretty easy the likes of Mike Pence to find me, if he decides it's time for the electroshocks to begin. 

Ace
On 8/22/2019 at 12:20 AM, ancus said:

I thought I'd responded to this but apparently not.  Oh well. 

So anyway.   She lives in New York and wants me to come visit her.  She kind of offered to buy me plane tickets?  I don't know if she was serious.  That's a lot of money.  It's kind of funny to be asked by someone to get on a plane, when I'm also considering fleeing the country if things get really bad.  (really, I'm getting my passport renewed soon, and there's a program for teaching English as a second language potentially in Spain that I'm going to sniff out at my next opportunity).  If Trump wins reelection in 2020, I'm very frightened of what will happen.  I already have reams of medical documents showing I am autistic and I have ADHD, and I'm part of a small local trans community and I rarely hide the fact I'm bisexual except when I'm around my dad.  So it's pretty easy the likes of Mike Pence to find me, if he decides it's time for the electroshocks to begin. 

I would take her up on the tickets. if someone is really willing to fly me somewhere they must actually care for you or wants to see you. 

About Mike pence though, I highly doubt anyone would let something like electroshock therapy go through, not with todays more progressive/accepting attitude towards stuff like that. Maybe if you were in the military it might be a different story but as a common citizen, its very unlikely. but I do agree this country is getting more wack recently. not to get political here but I personally vote republican but I'm not even sure I want Trump again, or anyone else I've seen running for that matter. I just find it so bizzare that so many people got so torn apart when Trump won and I'm sure it would've been the same if Hillary won. I personally almost don't care who is in office as long as my daily life isn't miserable because of them, which so far no president has had that much influence on it.