Sign in to follow this  
polish_bear_65

For my dad

polish_bear_65

My dad spends significant part of his income on non-prescription drugs and I thought I could help him to save a little on his bills. I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to regular CVS stores since some of his medication isn't covered by health insurance. Yes, those are non-prescription drugs and I've been thinking about some sort of an online drug store. I've heard that Canadian ones are a lot cheaper than US-based. And judging by the news about their health system I don't think this theory is far fetched. Anyway, I need any feedback regarding real life experience of dealing with online drug stores. Any pitfalls etc. Will appreciate any kind of info regarding this issue. For instance: delivery times, payment methods, customs office issues and scammers. Anyway, I would appreciate any kind of feedback on your online medication sellers. Which are more reliable, which ones deal with prescription drugs (if it's legal to do so). I have never tried it online, so I'd like to get as much info as possible. Thanks. 

ed_ten_72

What kind of medicine are you looking for? I those are non-prescription drugs you can give it a try though. Shouldn't have any problems with it. There was only one time I bought pills online at Canadian Pharmacy and it took longer than I expected. Everything was fine, but still it keeps you thinking about what's inside. That's what bothers me the most with those online sellers. It's not some home appliance we're talking about. It's your own health. And a lot more money than saved on meds could be easily spent on your hospital bill. Hope your online experience will turn out to be positive. We all want to cut out the middleman, but sometimes the danger is bigger than the result. I guess only way to make sure is through sticking to one retailer who you know and who keeps his reputation clean.

Ace

I would imagine Canada meds are overall cheaper since their medical industry isn't as capitalistic as the US. Although I would be just as willing to trust drugs from online than from a real pharmacy. My mom is a pharmacist and has some pretty horrific stories about companies trying to skimp on their product just to save a buck. I would just make sure you can find independent reviews on the site before buying from it to make sure its is what it says it is.