Dr-David-Banner

Why Is The Site So Quiet?

Dr-David-Banner

It did used to be more active but so did other similar forums such as Mundoaspie. Where behaviour is very odd it's hard to judge whether it's odd in the way some older members were odd. I don't know the answer to that but have had some very weird friends on the spectrum. Like one who used to ask total strangers why they thought women didn't find him attractive. Yet he was an ace mathematician and musician. Maybe the answer is to include more neurotypical members who have some connection with autism spectrum? Or try some new angle in view of a decline on many forums. Yesterday I started a thread on Alfred Hitchcock movies on another site and surprisingly it turned into a very active discussion. I guess it was age factor and people around who liked cinema.

Dr-David-Banner

Like quite a few sites, this one is closing its doors. Funny, but the other week I randomly visited Dave and Larie Draper's bodybuilding and weights forum. There it was announced Dave was retiring from.publishing his newsletter. The forum is now much smaller. Nothing like as active.
I think ultimately it's up to Willow to decide what direction to take. One suggestion is to try and make a free site so there is nothing to lose. Nothing to pay. I recommend Zoho although this is not as free as it used to be.
Big question, however. How do.you make a community of not very functional people? Lots of autism affected people function poorly in any group. Although this site has had far better days, there were often squabbles and resulting departures. Another big question I still think is the changes to the Asperger diagnosis which seems to have had a widespread implication. The concept of an Asperger community may become a thing of the late 90s.