Dr-David-Banner

Psychopathy and Asperger

Dr-David-Banner

The "mother" issue appears to be possibly a 180 degree spectrum. Some autistics are unusually close to their mother. As Nesf was mentioned, what I had in common with her and King Oni is face blindness. This basically will mean we would have lower emotional capacity and objectify other human beings. The ability to distinguish a person is diminished (but not all the time). Myself, Nesf and King Oni struggled with employment although Nesf has just about managed to survive teaching. With great difficulty. Myself and King Oni are practically unemployable but with lots to offer in unconventional ways. It becomes very odd when you read Asperger as someone who experienced his observations. Ultimately you need to be psychopathic (avoidant) to truly understand. As in "psyche" "pathology". And now I am sure I discovered new information about the condition not mentioned in texts but possibly hinted at by Asperger. We should recall much of his work was destroyed by bombing in the 2nd world war.

Dr-David-Banner

Some symptoms I have cleared up from the Soviet research, especially Samuel Muhin who was a Doctor in neurology and psychiatry. The case histories supplied are pretty identical to Asperger's own cases. This following observation was of great interest to me. These are symptoms I experienced but not addressed in the diagnosis in the U.K. Remember, Lorna Wing was pretty much the first researcher in this country to study Asperger and Kanner. Before, there was no organised research. However, back even in the 1970s, the Soviet clinics were carefully studying Asperger and patients in their own borders. Here it says:

"Одной из важнейших особенностей этих больных является недостаточность психического напряжения, отсутствие мало-мальски выраженной целеустремленности в поведении, зависимость их поведения от случайных внешних раздражителей, повышенная насыщаемость и истощаемость."

"One of the most distinctive features of these patients is a lowered level of psychological tension, an absence of expressed purpose in behaviour, independence of activity from casual, external factors. Increased lethargy and exhaustion."

This means basically a lack of physical, determined "get up and go". Likewise a lack of clear, ordered and specified purpose. That is, the autistic patients weren't setting about tasks from "A" to "Z". They weren't saying, "Well, today I'm going to do this and finish the tasks I outlined." 

You would find the autistic patients had their particular interests but would approach them differently and seemingly in a less physical way. 

"В результате этих особенностей все их поведение лишено какого-либо стержня, ясной линии и представляет собой конгломерат случайных и мало мотивированных актов. Создается впечатление, что при энергичной и систематичной стимуляции извне, они способны выполнить какое-то задание и довести начатое дело до конца."

As a result of these peculiarities, all their behaviour lacks any clear axis or outline and is made up of a mass of casual and little motivated acts. You get the impression that with a determined and systematic means of stimulation externally, they could be capable of carrying out some activity and seeing it through to the end."

Totally applies to me but I think the psychiatrists missed the total picture. My own activities also are made up of a mass of little motivated tasks (in the physical sense). When I study Russian there is no system, no plan, no set agenda. That would bore me. The process for me is dreamy and relaxed. Another big point I think they are missing is mental energy can exhaust physical energy. The doctors feel the patients should be "doing something" but mentally you can be very active. 

Dr-David-Banner

CASE SCENARIO. PSYCHOPATHY USSR. SASHA (AGED 14)

This case is pretty identical to those of Asperger. So, what you see is a description of the symptoms Asperger dealt with. It's fundamental to notice the child was not a geek or nerd as in popular belief that "people with Asperger's are super smart". What we do see is dominant linguistic ability, high imagination but poor maths and practical ability. Notice the poor attention directed towards other people (which would have caused the clear learning issues outlined). The fact he didn't recognise his roomates would be face-blindness or prosopagnosia. Two times the boy is described to have shown aggression and very many of Asperger's patients did too. I have heard so-called experts on autism proclaim there is never aggression with the condition. Not true. Another key symptom is confusion over left and right orientation here mentioned. In my case I always have difficulties unscrewing nuts from a thread because you need the sense of direction and left to right.

First Case SASHA - part done with Google Translate for speed).

"From early childhood he was anxious, overly distracted, could not concentrate, could not play with children. In kindergarten, he was very different from peers. From 8 years old in secondary school, he studied with difficulty, did not do well in arithmetic. He studied in the 6th grade during the year of admission to the hospital. In behavior, he was always strange, absurd and eccentric. The reason for hospitalization was irritability, mild excitability, aggressive outbreaks. 

In the faculty, he was indifferent to the attempts of patients to come into contact with him. He was eccentric, prone to reasoning. Intelligence at the level of moronicity. He learned to read and write, but there was a pronounced delay in maths. He could only add up smaller numbers and made mistakes when recounting objects.He was not very productive in the classroom, did not perform simple tasks in the Russian language, did not write well, made many mistakes in writing, did not know the name and patronymic of the teacher. He didn’t clearly know the months and seasons nor distinguish right from left. He always performed tests mirror-like, could not reproduce the rhythm (i.e. the psychiatric test applied). 

He fantasized a lot, talked about the fact that he had suffered attack at home, in which he supposedly saw two giants with guns without mouths and eyes. It turned out that he had recently read a fairy tale about two giants. The patient also has underdeveloped time/spatial awareness. Marked impaired attention, incapacity for prolonged mental stress, exhaustion. He was at times irritable, loud, tearful, but the affect was disproportionate and sometimes inadequate. His behavior was restless. The boy was somewhat euphoric, complacent and eloquent. Due to his "eccentricities" and fantasies, he was ridiculed by children. He portrayed a Muslim, making a turban from a towel, and said a "prayer."

He was cut off from life, did not know (recognise) the roommates, did not know how to protect himself. Children lured or simply took away his goodies. He did not take any part in outdoor games. Sometimes he sat down at board games, but he never finished the game he had begun. Speech was well developed using complex phrases, turns of speech and words. “I beg you to write me out. I guarantee you good behavior. I swear I won't beat grandma again. ”