Myrtonos

You Tube - the early years

Myrtonos

I first came across YouTube back in 2006 and it was quite different from what it is today. Alas, most of those on YouTube at that time have vanished. I have noticed that most videos dating from that time are not available at a resolution higher that 240p, could any be re-uploaded at a higher resolution? That's YouTube before it got overrated.

Ace

They probably could re-upload if they actually had it recorded in higher resolution that is. I'm sure some of it is just limited by what resolution they recorded it in. YouTube has gotten huge and for the most part I would say its better than it was. there are some things that are worse off like the push for advertising friendly stuff where an algorithm decides weather your videos are fit for ad revenue or the recent stuff about COPPA. sometimes I get the feeling YouTube is subtly pushing some kind of political agenda if you know what I mean. But I do overall like the way it's gone

Myrtonos

I am assuming that it was originally recorded at a higher resolution and down-converted for YouTube but there may be other reasons to republish them.

Myrtonos

Does anyone here have any favourite videos from the early years, and that's videos that are still up there?