The Grand Plan

Guest Chris

Right then! This calls for champagne!

Erm.. non alcholic for me... 

Actually make it a shandy.... 

No, better make it a Panda pop... 

No, I'm low carbing, make it a water.

Am I even thirsty? 

No, I'll just sit and wait for people to rep me, so I can get moderation rights and ban everybody. 

*downvote* :D

(Just to be clear in case that last point was serious, I doubt rep-mods would be allowed to do anything like that).

Ben

Just to be clear in case that last point was serious,

smiling-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3

Arthur

Cool stuff very exiting for forum.

Scaly Piscine

Yes regarding the whole 'nothing to hide' thing - that isn't how things work unfortunately.

If you're involved with the police they will use anything against you - they won't use anything for you. Doesn't matter how honest you are in interviews, how you comply and answer everything fully. They don't give you some brownie points in court. If you happen to mis-remember something - or they mis-remember something - it will be brought up and used against you. If it's a seemingly innocent remark they can spin into a negative it will be used against you. The stuff in your favour won't. Remember this if you are in trouble with the law. Police employ all sorts of techniques to trap you, see below:

This principle applies as well when they build a case against you, using data they've collected online. They can cherry pick whatever they like to portray you in whatever way is most likely to make their prosecution stick. And people, judges, solicitors are scarily stupid - particularly when it comes to AS. It has been used in court many times, hell yobs committing GBH have used undiagnosed AS as a mitigating factor.

Edited by Scaly Piscine

Peridot

Rep system? I'm very unsure. I've seen that kind of thing abused heavily in the past. People negging others out of pure spite. 

On this other forum there was this reputation system that was using so called "karma points". So this teenage kid had like 450 or so points which indicated his immense popularity on there. He was this guy who the "hardcore members" idolized. I'll never forget one of this guy's posts in this thread about health care. He said "I'm not going to pay for people who don't take care of themselves. Those people should be left to rot.". I thought it was so terrible that I brought his karma down to about 430 or so before they found out I was doing that.

Anyway, a reputation system should be tweaked for sure. When you've got certain types of groups of friends then of course they'll starting "loving" each other's posts all the time. Doesn't necessarily matter what it says in the post it's just "loved" because it's been posted by someone who's part of some clique. So you get the outcome that even if the posts are reprehensible the person's reputation is "good" which is a bad thing.

But here on Asperclick it seems like that sort of thing isn't prevalent. Also, the owners clearly stated that regardless of whether they like/befriended someone or not they are treated equally so it might work out.

Andy

Yes regarding the whole 'nothing to hide' thing - that isn't how things work unfortunately.

If you're involved with the police they will use anything against you - they won't use anything for you. Doesn't matter how honest you are in interviews, how you comply and answer everything fully. They don't give you some brownie points in court. If you happen to mis-remember something - or they mis-remember something - it will be brought up and used against you. If it's a seemingly innocent remark they can spin into a negative it will be used against you. The stuff in your favour won't. Remember this if you are in trouble with the law. Police employ all sorts of techniques to trap you, see below:

This principle applies as well when they build a case against you, using data they've collected online. They can cherry pick whatever they like to portray you in whatever way is most likely to make their prosecution stick. And people, judges, solicitors are scarily stupid - particularly when it comes to AS. It has been used in court many times, hell yobs committing GBH have used undiagnosed AS as a mitigating factor.

I am glad to see you have a healthy feel for what sets itself up as authority and I do agree, they don't work for us and to give the police their full title ;

policy enforcer, one get a better grasp of what they are really about which is enforcing policy on us.

Willow

...well this has gone a bit off topic :(

I wish we hadn't announced it to be honest as it's something we've given a great deal of thought even at this early planning stage and it's sort of sad to see it largely go ignored only to focus on one part of what was said.

A huge amount of time and commitment is needed to pull this all off, from myself but mostly from Chris and I'm not sure if people realise that. We are trying to do something good for a community of people who have little or no access to help. Some of the 'app' type ideas we want to develop could be really useful tools for people on the spectrum - we should know, after all - they are things we would find incredibly useful but also, from reading about your experiences, we feel they would also be incredibly useful to you guys; at points in our planning we have had specific members in mind because of what we've read that you struggle with.

We're very dedicated to this and to the Koby and Friends brand but also to the charity (The WillowHope Foundation) which will be set up one day. These are all things we will do regardless of our financial situation but obviously more can get done with money - hence why we would need to set things up to monetize it etc.

The thread feels very focussed on the security aspect of things; let's face it, it's only going to be more 'safe' or 'secure' than it is now and you're all happy to post here at the moment, so it kind of seems like a non issue. The other thing is the reputation system - which again, is only going to be better than it is now. To go in depth about it here wouldn't be the right thing to do as it would get very long winded and technical - but just trust us that it's not going to be an easy to abuse system - we've thought about it to such extents that I can assure you that it will be fine - and actually useful, rather than it being relatively meaningless like the current system of likes/post count.

Nesf

...well this has gone a bit off topic :(

I wish we hadn't announced it to be honest as it's something we've given a great deal of thought even at this early planning stage and it's sort of sad to see it largely go ignored only to focus on one part of what was said.

A huge amount of time and commitment is needed to pull this all off, from myself but mostly from Chris and I'm not sure if people realise that. We are trying to do something good for a community of people who have little or no access to help. Some of the 'app' type ideas we want to develop could be really useful tools for people on the spectrum - we should know, after all - they are things we would find incredibly useful but also, from reading about your experiences, we feel they would also be incredibly useful to you guys; at points in our planning we have had specific members in mind because of what we've read that you struggle with.

We're very dedicated to this and to the Koby and Friends brand but also to the charity (The WillowHope Foundation) which will be set up one day. These are all things we will do regardless of our financial situation but obviously more can get done with money - hence why we would need to set things up to monetize it etc.

The thread feels very focussed on the security aspect of things; let's face it, it's only going to be more 'safe' or 'secure' than it is now and you're all happy to post here at the moment, so it kind of seems like a non issue. The other thing is the reputation system - which again, is only going to be better than it is now. To go in depth about it here wouldn't be the right thing to do as it would get very long winded and technical - but just trust us that it's not going to be an easy to abuse system - we've thought about it to such extents that I can assure you that it will be fine - and actually useful, rather than it being relatively meaningless like the current system of likes/post count.

Believe me, we do appreciate what you and Chris are doing, i think that this thread just went the way of so many other threads and it got side tracked into other issues - it is well known that Aspies tend to focus on one specific detail and then analyse it to excess - i think you can forgive us for that!? i know I'm guilty of this at times too. perhaps you could run a "beta" test version to see how it goes, and iron out any problems before making it permanent.

Peridot

The other thing is the reputation system - which again, is only going to be better than it is now. To go in depth about it here wouldn't be the right thing to do as it would get very long winded and technical - but just trust us that it's not going to be an easy to abuse system - we've thought about it to such extents that I can assure you that it will be fine - and actually useful, rather than it being relatively meaningless like the current system of likes/post count.

That's cool.

Sofi

Yeah, it is so sad to see people just talking about police and safety or whatever. That really has nothing to do with this :( Jeez.

Well, I am really excited for future plans and I have no worries whatsoever... I trust Willow and Chris completely, not only just as owners of Asperclick but as people/friends anyway. There's no reason not to.