Guest Chris

The Grand Plan

Bruce

Well, I'd have some cause for concern if everything claimed online about me came to the wrong sort of attention! But, given all Willow & Chris have said, I'd have to trust them, anyway! As if anyone else here couldn't just google & find out the various things said about me, to see why it isn't as simple as some make it seem!

spiderwoman0_2

It all sounds brilliant to me and a lot of forum founders wouldn't bother with half the things you do.

As for the change of servers, let's be honest, 'NONE' of us would have a clue of the change so why is everyone so worried about it.  It's being done because it will be better for all of us.

Let's keep it real people :P

Kuribo [old account]

I know this thread hasn't had any responses in months, but I just wanted to say that all of this looks fantastic. Asperclick has the potential to become the flagship Autism forum. :)

Anonymous posting - This is a great idea, and I can see how the community would become self-regulating, with reputable posters being able to approve anonymous posts and threads. This should only be enabled in one or two forums though. Any more, and you'd risk losing the "family" atmosphere you currently have.

The concepts for the platform you plan to build look fantastic. I love the simple, minimalist design.

A little off topic, but have you considered that selling this to other developers could be another source of income? Forums in general are becoming rather stale, and a fresh take on presenting the information of a forum would be welcomed by many.

Ben

How is everyone such a wuss O_o

Years of hard work and dedication. 

Edited by Ben

ASDCommunity

Social Network

We're going to build a social network. There, I said it. :P

A social network built with aspies in mind - extremely configurable privacy-settings, away from the information-overload of facebook, fully integrated with the rest of the site and community.

I don't have much more to say on this at the moment, just that I'd definitely like it to happen - and so would everyone else I've mentioned it to. 

This got my attention. I would be interested in knowing more about this with a view to help achieve this end

Clockwork Crow

An Aspie calender? That people can edit, and add events of interest, (meeting times for groups, public awarness events etc.) plus then it would be easier to say happy birthday to each other! :P

Edited by Clockwork Crow

Clockwork Crow

Oh, and some more :P

Like how there are puzzle pieces for the number of posts someone makes (which is great), could we have something similar for 

- How positive they are rated.

- How many of other peoples posts they 'liked' (also, encorage people to vote positively on other peoples posts, still with a cap, so there careful not to spam everything)

- How long they have been a member, things like that!

I'm glad there is no 'dislike' button, and I hope it stays that way :)

Ben

You wouldn't want too many gadgets and gizmos in my opinion. Mainly because an uncool technophobe like me would have no idea how to use it; and for the fact that it tends to clutter things up - think of a cake with TOO much icing, it ends up ruining what was a nice, pleasant, clean tasting cake. 

Replying to posts and giving likes is about as far as I'd want to go. I hope AsperclickV2 caters to the Nokia3210 fuddy duddy like me, with options to hide all of the cryptic stuff should they want to.